Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I've been always a fan of knowing what the weather is like when I go outside, so I've always kept my phone with a Weather app installed. When I bought my Lumia 710, I decided to go with WeatherLive. It had a nice interface, it got me just the information I wanted, and most important, it had a nice Live Tile and the information was accurate.

Now, WeatherLive is going to stop working by the end of this month, and so I am left with no weather app. I have tried Accuweather, Weather Channel, Vieather, BeWeather, Weather (by LaurentbdVos), Foreca, and quite a few more and I still can't find a suitable replacement. I always find myself with apps with information that's not accurate, or ugly UI, or ugly Live tiles, or maybe all of them together.

So I want to read you, what app should I use?
    I've been satisfied with Weather Channel from Nokia. I like it better than the regular Weather Channel app.

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    You could try Bing Weather as it is now available?

How about Amazing Weather HD? I like it a lot but I switched to Bing Weather and will probably keep that as my weather app.

Global Posts
    1,773 Global Posts
    I also use Amazing Weather HD. Pretty sweet. Have not checked out Bing Weather yet.
    Bing Weather to the rescue \o/. Started using it and uninstalled others. ;)

Global Posts
    2,912 Global Posts
    The OP has a WP7.x device, so Bing Weather will not work.

Global Posts
    1,773 Global Posts
    Bing maps has potential. I have a few weird things about it when compared to Amazing Weather HD.

First, see screenie....
    weather1.jpg

I like that Amazing Weather HD shows a rain chance. Deal breaker? Not even close. The main thing, though is the descrepency in the weather.

The Bing weather is different. If you go to Bing weather on a PC you see they give you three sources: weather.com, Foreca and iMap.

I've never heard of Foreca and iMap, but it is indeed iMap giving me the 67 degrees, while Weather.com shows 70. (Amazing Weather HD might be using Weather Underground I think...)

I have not found a setting to chance the weather source and I don't know how reliable iMap weather is.

The other thing is Bing weather is just a blue tile. There is no option to match the theme of my phone. I'm not sure if that is going to bug me yet or not.

Bing weather has animated radar, and it's nice.. very nice.

I'm gonna try Bing weather for a while as my main weather app to see how I like it.

Global Posts
    1,643 Global Posts
    I like amazing weather. The new bing weather app is ok, but it doesn't have wide live tile support, or lock screen support. Also, the location seems a bit off. It wouldn't find the town I'm in via location or text entry, but instead marked us as a town about 30 miles away. I'll wait for more updates on it.

I loved WeatherLive too. I went with Weather-to-Go. Simple, clean and customizable

How about Weather Flow? It has a great wide live tile

Wow, I never thought I could get so many answers. I've tried Weather Channel from the Nokia Collection and really liked it, though there seems to be a problem with the Live Tile, it's just not updating. As of Bing Weather, well... I'm on WP7, so no luck with that. Weather-to-go seems not simple, but cheap to me, so it's a nope for me. And as of Weather Flow and Amazing Weather they're both paid, and I don't have a credit card right now.

What about Weatherbug
    TMobile Nokia Lumia 521 (GDR3/Black) - Prepaid Unlimited + 3gb Hotspot
    AT&T Nokia Lumia 520 - Net10 AT&T
    Retired Focus Flash (wp7.8 = 7.10.8862.14)
    Net10/Straight Talk AT&T Apn Data for Samsung Wireless Manager
    WPCentralApp Beta Tester

Im currently using the weather built in to 6.26 am clock app. Its been so accurate its scary. A very good weather app that been very accurate is WeatherMaster also.
    I think its worth noting that different weather apps seem to be optimal for different countries so a thurrow testing is always needed.
    World Weather really looks nice and been rather good also.

Quote Originally Posted by Corepc
    What about Weatherbug
    It doesn't show up in the Marketplace, I think it's not available in Argentina.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakazul View Post
    Im currently using the weather built in to 6.26 am clock app. Its been so accurate its scary. A very good weather app that been very accurate is WeatherMaster also.
    I think its worth noting that different weather apps seem to be optimal for different countries so a thurrow testing is always needed.
    World Weather really looks nice and been rather good also.
    Exactly, it seems Weather Underground has the most accurate data for my country.