Issues with the music player?

Kamo_6

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Keep reading about people having issues with the music player other than the duplicate songs and the missing album art.
What don't you like about the music application on WP8?

Dk92

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
The fact that if you put a song on repeat, it will for some reason start skipping in the first few seconds of the songs (only after its already been played all the way through once.)

I don't like that the "rewind" "play" and "forward" buttons are at the top instead of the bottom of the screen.

There should be an option to either show the artist you're listening to on the lockscreen, or their album art.

Last edited:

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
They do have the option to show artist on lockscreen or album art or whatever picture you associated the song/music with.

nukeypearce

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Oh now let me think :) I use the app on a daily basis so shouldn't be too difficult.

- XBOX Music overwrites your existing tags on the music library with it's own and can not be stopped without turning off integration
- Track metadata provided by XBOX Music is often incorrect, or even missing
- Artist background images are of a very low quality, and can not be changed without a 3rd party app (MPATool)
- For a large number of artists, the background images (above) are non existent
- App sometimes refuses to add a track to "now playing" (holding down a track does nothing whatsoever until app is restarted)
- Very rare occasional bug where audio will output through the earphones and the speaker at the same time (how embarrassing!)
- Duplication of tracks is a common occurrence
- Large/Extra large Live Tile looks ugly when music is playing (Artist name scrolling all over the tile in different directions? Seriously?)
- When playing some tracks that are WMAL, a message is displayed saying "Unable to play the selected file", but then skipping to the next track and returning to the original one works fine
- Gapless playback is practically non existent
- Unable to clear playback history without 3rd party app (WPTools)
- When playing a streaming track from the Internet, it causes a serious bug with the volume of the playback - when returning to a track in your library afterwards, the volume refuses to increase for the first 10 levels , then when at it's maximum (30) it actually sounds like the volume is at 20. Only solution is to restart the phone
- On occasion the volume level warning "you may damage your hearing" message appears at random, which means you have to take your phone from your pocket and select "ok" before you can increase the volume past 20.

Nukey

Dk92

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
They do have the option to show artist on lockscreen or album art or whatever picture you associated the song/music with.
There's an option to set your lock screen as the artist you're listening to and I'm aware of that. I'm hoping for an additional option to let me select their album art to show on the lock screen instead, which isn't available...yet >:)

Kamo_6

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Woah..From what I can see it's mostly issues with the meta-data of the songs and the design of the live tiles.
No issues with the actual design of the music app themselves?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo