Lock in to 3G signal (What app to use?)

Paolo Cuales

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm using a Lumia 820 and I don't have 4G in my area yet. But I have gret 3G signal here, I know it because I got good reception in my BB 9320.
I've been searching for days and I can't find any.

Does anybody know of a good app that I can use to lock in to a 3G signal? Or if there is any

I'm from the Philippines (if that info is needed)

Wilsen Hernandez

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Type ##3282, that will open the Field Test menu.. Click the 3 dots and then Settings.

Choose your Network type to "3G only" and go back.

Note: the only drawback about doing it is that, if you are in an area where there is no 3G signal the phone won't change to 2G it will just be offline.

Chand Darling

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Type ##3282, that will open the Field Test menu.. Click the 3 dots and then Settings.

Note: the only drawback about doing it is that, if you are in an area where there is no 3G signal the phone won't change to 2G it will just be offline.

This will not work after GDR 2 update.

Paolo Cuales

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
2 threads for 1question?

Sorry I don't know where to post it. I don't really know how forums work haha

Whenever I do this, all my phone does is vibrate and play a sound. Then an error messgage, ALWAYS, "Something happened and we couldn't complete this action."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo