Metrotube unable to play some videos

Glavata

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I recently noticed that MetroTube is unable to play some videos. This mainly happens on music videos (vevo), or ones that should show ads in general. One example: Florida Georgia Line - Cruise (Remix) ft. Nelly. I load up the video page from MetroTube, press play, it loads (dots passing by) for 1-2 seconds, then returns back to original state.

Metrotube Version: 4.0.4.0
Phone: Lumia 1020

Is this because of Google blocking the app, or can it be fixed?

Thanks!

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
You re right, it is not working on the "Official" YouTube app too. I mean all videos from Vevo channels are not playing. Maybe they are blocked to windows phone, can anyone with android please check.

I will get back to you after updating the YouTube app, there is a new update available. Maybe that fixes it.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I seem to have kind of figured it out, all explicit or mature videos are not playing. I tried to play JT's Tunnel Vision and it wouldn't play on the updated app too.

Then I tried the next search result Miley Cirus' We can't stop (oh yeah Microsoft or someone thinks that it is a real kiddo song :p:p:p) and it played fine. I mean this might be the case.

jmk1127

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I too noticed this today. Weird I was trying to play those exact songs as mentioned above. Seems newer music doesn't play on the app?

mms-pc

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I think for those video clips, they are either not allowed to play on mobile devices, or uploaders restrict the region to playback.

Trevor Jones

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's just Vevo, I've had this on other videos.
I've been getting into the game Dead Space 3 lately and I thought I'd browse the official Dead Space youtube page and watch the trailers. None of the vids played in metrotube, with the same symptoms as mentioned above.

Chris Yahya

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
You're not alone bro, mine too. And ALL videos i cant play! Everything what i clicked "play" it shows loading about 2 sec and nothing happen.

Official youtube (before blocking) cant play too. But when i connect to WIFI, it runs well. Whyyyy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire