Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

"Microsoft's recently released YouTube application for Windows Phone is being blocked by Google. In a statement issued to The Verge, Google confirms that the application has been blocked for violating the terms of use. Despite the two companies collaborating on an app based on HTML5, Microsoft's app is still breaking YouTube's terms of use. "Microsoft has not made the browser upgrades necessary to enable a fully-featured YouTube experience, and has instead re-released a YouTube app that violates our Terms of Service," says a spokesperson. "It has been disabled. We value our broad developer community and therefore ask everyone to adhere to the same guidelines.""

Google blocks Microsoft's new YouTube Windows Phone app | The Verge
    *fighting cat noises...*
    Jaideep Kekre likes this.

Global Posts
    1,638 Global Posts
    I guess that latest scroogled advert wasn't the best idea after all...

I'm disappointed with google again..... ****heads!!!!

Y did i ******* update my youtube app. What a **** i knew i should have waited at least a week
    Martsicky likes this.

Global Posts
    3,206 Global Posts
    Metrotube is better in every way except uploading.

Quote Originally Posted by mase123987 View Post
    Metrotube is better in every way except uploading.
    and.... except vevo videos and other specified channels. Metrotube/myTube can't handle ⅓ of youtube content. Microsoft's app worked fine in this case.
    Thanked by:
    laith91 likes this.

Global Posts
    3,206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martsicky View Post
    and.... except vevo videos and other specified channels. Metrotube/myTube can't handle ⅓ of youtube content. Microsoft's app worked fine in this case.
    How often has the MS app successfully been available? I want a full featured official app, but it doesn't matter what features it has if it isn't available or doesn't work.

Hi, i just want to say
    F*ck you Google

How often has the MS app successfully been available? I want a full featured official app, but it doesn't matter what features it has if it isn't available or doesn't work.
    Mate, I assure you that Microsoft wants to provide fully-featured official app to its users. Back in April/May 2013, MyTube and Metrotube existed alongside with official YouTube app with pre-loading options and no-ads, and what? Only one app has been pulled from the store. Guess which one? :-)
    I agree that Metrotube is good, but I have to visit yt mobile site to watch ⅓ of videos, so its not that excellent as you try to prove.

***Ah, and in fact it was successfully available since its release till today, if you didn't uninstall it. With no-ads, pre-loading + great user-experience & performance
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,912 Global Posts
    Thanked by:
    mase123987 and ojo otter like this.

Global Posts
    3,206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martsicky View Post
    Mate, I assure you that Microsoft wants to provide fully-featured official app to its users. Back in April/May 2013, MyTube and Metrotube existed alongside with official YouTube app with pre-loading options and no-ads, and what? Only one app has been pulled from the store. Guess which one? :-)
    I agree that Metrotube is good, but I have to visit yt mobile site to watch ⅓ of videos, so its not that excellent as you try to prove.

***Ah, and in fact it was successfully available since its release till today, if you didn't uninstall it. With no-ads, pre-loading + great user-experience & performance
    You are missing my point.

It has hardly been available.
    -It was available for a month or two earlier in the year and a few days recently. That isn't consistent in any sense of the word. Also, many people have joined WP8 since the app was first shut down, so they wouldn't have a chance to use it. Also, plenty of people have flashed newer firmware on their phone, which means they have to reinstall things I believe.

No app is perfect but if you can't even get the app, nothing else matters.

It's funny that Microsoft plays nice with iOS and Android (Xbox Smart Glass for one), but when it comes to play nice with MS, YouTube, everyone wants to be assholes.
    irvin792 likes this.

Global Posts
    3,206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ttsoldier View Post
    Great read there!

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver McDermott View Post
    *fighting cat noises...*
    +1

Bunch of squabbling children: M$ & Srewgoole
    Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Board Express

Blame it on Google, Microsoft has done everything on their part, but, Google just does not want to play nicely. Maybe Google is afraid that MS will make a better product than the IOS and Android version. And they want MS to make a HTML5 version, when IOS/Android version are not..
    TMobile Nokia Lumia 521 (GDR3/Black) - Prepaid Unlimited + 3gb Hotspot
    AT&T Nokia Lumia 520 - Net10 AT&T
    Retired Focus Flash (wp7.8 = 7.10.8862.14)
    Net10/Straight Talk AT&T Apn Data for Samsung Wireless Manager
    WPCentralApp Beta Tester

That's Microsoft's side of the story. I'm sure Google has their side and to their way of thinking, it sounds just as level-headed and reasonable, and points the finger squarely at MS as the one who's not being cooperative.

i.e.,

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver McDermott View Post
    *fighting cat noises...*
    Choorp likes this.

I use my hosts file on my PC to block YouTube adds and I never see them while surfing on my TV. Life is way better without YouTube adds.

Global Posts
    3,206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GardSec View Post
    I use my hosts file on my PC to block YouTube adds and I never see them while surfing on my TV. Life is way better without YouTube adds.
    Ad block plus works fine in Firefox and Chrome, and it is spelled "ads" not "adds".

Ad block plus works fine in Firefox and Chrome, and it is spelled "ads" not "adds".
    I don't use chrome or Firefox because they suck. I use IE and Opera 12. I use the hosts file so I don't have to install any thing extra on my system. And thanks for the spell check. lol.

MS, Nokia, and Samsung should all get together an invest in their own video site. All three would have a lot to gain.
    irvin792 likes this.

It's nice to see that for a change most of the comments out there are against Google. Of course most sites have their resident Android trolls that make up the lamest excuses to defend Google, but for the most part I am seeing people side with MS on this one.

so, i've been reading a little bit into how antitrust/anticompetitive behavior is defined and it looks to me that this falls right into that category
    I know EU has been a bunch of kids for awhile now, may be we can put them to work for once?

Competition - Delivering for consumers

at least i plan on starting something or at least contact them to see if they can help situations like this, Google has came out right and said they won't give WP any support because WP is too small and yet continues to give BB support, i think that alone is enough to prove that they are just being anti competitive

as for anti-trust part, pretty sure a good 80% of the internet relies on YouTube... and YouTube has no competitors to speak of (at least it seems like no other service is in that position) so i don't see how this is different from back in the day when MS was the one being evil
    Thanked by:

Time for everyone to set up a Vimeo account.

https://vimeo.com/

Global Posts
    13,055 Global Posts
    Big boys will play like little boys, and consumers always suffer.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast