6tag battery drain issue?

Kimi Alin

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I haven't experienced that kind of issue but I think that app itself consumes too much battery when you are using it. If I use it for about 5-10 minutes, I lose around 5-8% of my battery. That's too much. I hope that developer makes a patch with optimisation for the app since 6Tag is an amazing app.

uopjo6

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Battery drains like a champ. Went down 10% during the 6-7minutes of usage, then another 10% while the battery was still hot after exiting app.

Appreciate Rudy and the 1.1 update though thanks can't wait.

rudyhuyn

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
update 1.1 is available fixing the battery problem ;)

here is the full changelog:

- manage video hashtag security, other users can now see your videos when search tags
(important: an app that doesn't manage this security can make your account suspicious in the future)
- post entire photos on instagram and select background color: white or black, no need to crop your picture anymore
- share using NFC (compliant with windows phone and all other NFC phones)
- reply to comments
- more filter borders
(include now all the ios borders)
- better video encoding quality
- load low definition pictures when possible to improve performance
(save data plan, more performant for low-spec devices)
- new keyboard to quickly access # and @
- keep in memory your 40 last hashtags (in keyboard suggestions)
- add a remove internet cache button
- use less battery (a lot of optimization has been made)
- improved lux feature
- many other little changes to improve the app

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
update 1.1 is available fixing the battery problem ;)

here is the full changelog:

- manage video hashtag security, other users can now see your videos when search tags
(important: an app that doesn't manage this security can make your account suspicious in the future)
- post entire photos on instagram and select background color: white or black, no need to crop your picture anymore
- share using NFC (compliant with windows phone and all other NFC phones)
- reply to comments
- more filter borders
(include now all the ios borders)
- better video encoding quality
- load low definition pictures when possible to improve performance
(save data plan, more performant for low-spec devices)
- new keyboard to quickly access # and @
- keep in memory your 40 last hashtags (in keyboard suggestions)
- add a remove internet cache button
- use less battery (a lot of optimization has been made)
- improved lux feature
- many other little changes to improve the app

how do u reply to comments?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

ali80

May 29, 2013
Visit site
After the latest UI update, I ran the app and my 8x went hot and the battery went from 79% to 52% within 20 min. Too hot after 20 min so I closed the app.

I'll check instance app tomorro.

danielm298

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
yes: ever since i updated 6tag, my battery has been giving me some issues. I have a 920 white, never had ANY battery issues: i will delete 6tag ( which i love) and try INPIC and i will see if i see any battery change..
Update: 10-9-2013 battery at 79% since 610am (8hrs)..phone has not felt hot...
dm
atlanta ga

Last edited:

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I am also having battery drain issues using 6tag. At least I suspect that this is one of my few apps that cause random rapid battery drains.

I am new to using Instagram and 6tag so I recently installed both apps to see what all the fuss was about. I like 6tag more right now so I pinned my feed to a wide live tile and allowed it to run in the background. I only have 4-5 apps running in the background at any given time. Most apps are blocked. The past few nights, the battery was fine for most of the apps I was using until I opened 6tag. Used it for a few minutes, the phone was getting warm, closed out of it, and then had over 20% battery drain in 2 hours. Same thing happens occasionally with the Facebook Beta app but the battery drain is not as bad.

Anyone else having this same issue? And do you allow 6tag to run as a background task? I am thinking of blocking it and sadly no longer enjoy the pics feed in the live tile :cry:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720