Facebook Beta

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Is it just me, or is this better than the Facebook app on just about any other platform out there?

And does that mean that Microsoft does a better job with a Facebook app than Facebook itself does?

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
One issue I can think of right away is notifications, they are still a hit and miss.

Sadly, I have barely been able to get notifications work well on my GNexus either.

I guess that's why I don't see it as anything more than a "it happens" type of thing... maybe.

Heck, sometimes I have problems with Facebook the site notifying me of things (messages, posts, etc).

sueha

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Well missing notifications are not Microsoft's fault and the rest of the app is fine imho. WP is really improving on many apps. Never had any problem with Skype, WhatsApp. Official Twitter, Facebook Beta (except notifications) etc.

Belfiore said they are working with FB to create a better communication of their systems. Let's hope this fixes notifications AND built-in facebook chat via messaging hub.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I have two phones right now, and two tablets.

Sadly, there is no Facebook app from Microsoft for RT that I'm aware of.

I was speaking more to the fact that it just lags less, the UI looks smoother, and so forth.

diktea

May 6, 2013
Visit site
surprisingly, my message hub is functioning quite well these days (after GDR2)... of course i had turned off the notifications of facebook beta app.

And for the Facebook Beta... i had uninstalled the official app for this app.... kudos

Doohickie

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Latest FB Beta experience:

1. When scrolling through the news feed, it just kicks out of the app. Upon going back in, it says there was an exception and asks to mail the report (which I did). This has happened to me two or three times now.

2. It doesn't automatically update while you're scrolling (which the released version does). Instead, it just registers that there are new items in the news feed with a little circle and a number to show how many new items are there. This is most excellent.

I've deleted the JDB FB app from my phone for the time being; it seems like the Beta is doing okay. I'm also using the People Hub feed some, too. I may try to delete the app altogether and just go with the People Hub and see how that works. I haven't checked everything, but it seems like there are more functions in the app than in the People Hub.

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
ok one thing how to use " INLINE TAG "..

like you do on Facebook... @personsname. As you are typing suggestions will appear and it is awesome!

As for the app, I think it's really good. Don't know much about other platforms but still transitions from news feed to messages or friend requests and stuff is a bit slow imo. Hopefully that'll be fixed :D as for notifications, it will be fixed! Im sure of it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs