08-28-2013, 11:17 AM #1
- 7 Posts
I deleted the Office app from my Lumia 1020 when I first got my phone and I just noticed its back on my phone don't know how it got back on it but I had did a few updates for different phone apps then I noticed it was back and I can't delete it now I have no use for it so I would like to delete it again
08-28-2013, 11:31 AM #2
- 1,249 Posts
It is part of system app's you cannot delete, you can only pin and unpin it on startscreen.TMobile Nokia Lumia 521 (GDR3/Black) - Prepaid Unlimited + 3gb Hotspot
AT&T Nokia Lumia 520 - Net10 AT&T
Retired Focus Flash (wp7.8 = 7.10.8862.14)
Net10/Straight Talk AT&T Apn Data for Samsung Wireless Manager
WPCentralApp Beta Tester
- 08-28-2013, 11:34 AM #3
You deleted Office? Why? Why buy a windows phone that comes with office as a perk of the OS just to delete it?
It can't actually be removed as its part of the OS. Looks like you're stuck with it.
- 08-28-2013, 11:47 AM #5
Two schools of thought
1. Its included in the price of your phone and contract
2. MS made it part of the OS as a perk to own WP.
Either way you wont actually ever make a payment or renewal for office on your phone
08-28-2013, 12:18 PM #6
- 317 Posts
Although I have to say, the way I use Office doesn't work on my phone (I use too many advanced features that aren't supported). But I do intend to play with it a little and see what I can use it for on the phone. It would be nice if the full PC version would have a Save for Phone option that would strip out complex formatting and other features that aren't supported in the phone version.
- 08-28-2013, 12:31 PM #7
- 08-29-2013, 01:41 PM #9
- By kokola95 in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 8Last Post: 12-17-2013, 05:15 PM
- By Abdul Rahman Noor in forum General Tablet DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 10-02-2013, 10:18 PM
- By Rally Coders in forum App SpotlightReplies: 1Last Post: 08-29-2013, 09:47 PM
- By luk3ja in forum App SpotlightReplies: 1Last Post: 08-28-2013, 10:04 PM
- By TheDarKnight in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 1Last Post: 08-28-2013, 10:24 AM