Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1.    #1  
    Question. If i have wp7 and have purchased an app. will it be available as a purchased if i buy wp8 phone? Thanks in advance :)

Global Posts
    2,395 Global Posts
    I think so, but I'm not sure.

Global Posts
    424 Global Posts
    Yes, it will. I had an optimus 7 previously and bought the wpcentral app, skulls of the shogun and some other apps and they were all available to me without having to buy again. You'll have to use the same account though :)
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Yes, I just transitioned from WP7 to WP8 was able to re-download my purchased apps
    Thanked by:
    Me tto! I made the transition a week ago from my Lumia 800 to a Lumia 920, and I was able to download all my purchased apps :D
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Yes, as long as you log into your new WP8 with the same Microsoft account.
    Thanked by:
  7.    #7  
    Thanks guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by SauliusStaniulis View Post
    Question. If i have wp7 and have purchased an app. will it be available as a purchased if i buy wp8 phone? Thanks in advance :)
    Yes and No. I had an HTC Arrive and switched to the Nokia 928. I had a number of Apps that were missing (some of which still exist on WP7 after a hard reset) and a number of apps that don't exist at all. Angry Birds is an example. I purchased the original version and it was replaced with a newer version. I would have to re-purchase it. I purchased Angry Birds: Rio instead.

I'm not sure why some Apps are WP7 exclusives, but it all depends on what's available. I've heard a number of people say by the time the 928 came out many of the WP7 exclusives were now on WP8 as well.

Same here with angry birds and a couple of other games. That really got mad. I think rio is a terrible company for doing that.
  10.    #10  
    Everything is ok. I 've got samsung ativ s and had everything setup. Except angry birds, the store won't let me install. I paid 0.99 and here we are :)
    Quote Originally Posted by SauliusStaniulis View Post
    Everything is ok. I 've got samsung ativ s and had everything setup. Except angry birds, the store won't let me install. I paid 0.99 and here we are :)
    The problem with Angry Birds is that, WP7 and WP8 are different apps. So, If you paid for the WP7 app you will need to pay again for the WP8 app.

Same happened with me, I got Angry Birds on my Lumia 800 when it was free for like 2 weeks, and when switched to WP8 I had to pay the 0.99$.
  12.    #12  
    Yeah. Same here. But actually, not a big problem for the 0.99 :)
    No I broke my HTC Arrive and bought a temporary replacement until I could switch to Verizon for the Nokia 928. My version of Angry Birds was gone. The same new Angry Birds did exist on WP7 that existed on WP8. I think I didn't actually buy them so I would have to test it. I suppose I could try to install RIO on my replacement HTC Arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilsen Hernandez View Post
    The problem with Angry Birds is that, WP7 and WP8 are different apps. So, If you paid for the WP7 app you will need to pay again for the WP8 app.

Same happened with me, I got Angry Birds on my Lumia 800 when it was free for like 2 weeks, and when switched to WP8 I had to pay the 0.99$.