Fandango doesn't work at all. Anyone think they will ever fix it?

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Fandango | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Fandango is one of those apps that WP8 supposedly has, but as anyone who has tried to use it knows, it can't find the location and will not let you past that screen, making the app useless.

It worked fine in WP7, but has apparently, according to the date on the page, not been update for a year and a half, even though it's been broken for a long time.

I don't care if there are alternatives, this is just so indicative of where WP8 is and how it's treated. Can anyone imagine this situation would exist on iOS or Android? I'm not talking about the bugs, every OS can have that, but about the apparent lack of updates.

I'm curious if Fandango will ever update it.

Last edited:

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Fandango doesn't work at all. Last update 4/12/2012. Anyone think they will ever fix it?

Have you contacted Fandango?

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Fandango doesn't work at all. Last update 4/12/2012. Anyone think they will ever fix it?

Have you contacted Fandango?

Yes, I just did before posting this. However, they have a link to, as they call it, "Windows 7" on their app page, so I am not hopeful. And in the options to contact them, there were a couple dozen choices, including issues with Android App, iPhone App, iPad App and even Palm Pre App (clearly they haven't update that in a while), but nothing about Windows Phone so... yeah. We'll see.

What do you think, will they update it so at least it works?

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
They emailed me back, saying nothing of value.

My question was: "The Fandango app for Windows Phone 8 (Fandango | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)) is broken and has been for a long time, it can't detect location and will not get past that. Will it be fixed, and if so when?"

Their response: "Thank you for your email and we apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered.

If you are having issues with a Fandango mobile app loading information then we suggest that you delete the app and reinstall it. After deleting the app we suggest that you visit the proper Fandango app site and re-download the app in case there is a new version that has been released. Once you have downloaded the app again you would follow the normal installation steps. If problems or issues are still occurring then you may want to contact your phone or phone providers tech support."

I did see an email address in the app though, specifically for Windows Phone comments. I might try that later. However, I DID discover that the app worked when I was using WiFi and setting the location, but crashes when using cellular. I know it worked before for me, so maybe I used WiFi at the time. Of course, in most cases people use cellular with this app when trying to find theaters in the area they happen to be in, so I'd hope they can fix that.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
They emailed me back, saying nothing of value.

My question was: "The Fandango app for Windows Phone 8 (Fandango | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)) is broken and has been for a long time, it can't detect location and will not get past that. Will it be fixed, and if so when?"

Their response: "Thank you for your email and we apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered.

If you are having issues with a Fandango mobile app loading information then we suggest that you delete the app and reinstall it. After deleting the app we suggest that you visit the proper Fandango app site and re-download the app in case there is a new version that has been released. Once you have downloaded the app again you would follow the normal installation steps. If problems or issues are still occurring then you may want to contact your phone or phone providers tech support."

I did see an email address in the app though, specifically for Windows Phone comments. I might try that later. However, I DID discover that the app worked when I was using WiFi and setting the location, but crashes when using cellular. I know it worked before for me, so maybe I used WiFi at the time. Of course, in most cases people use cellular with this app when trying to find theaters in the area they happen to be in, so I'd hope they can fix that.

That sounds pretty crappy and like a company that doesn't care that much. Unfortunately, no one here will be able to tell you much.

That said, try this: Download Web Apps

Basically it takes mobile version of sites and puts it in a custom browser to make it look like a native app. It does have a Fandango "app". It might give you what you need and should work just fine over cellular.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
My Fandango works on WP8 (Lumia 920). Even location works to find movies in the area. That said, it does occasionally crash out on me so it's in need of some bug fixing, but it's not 100% broken or anything, at least not for me.

Edit: Sent an email to the address you mentioned in the about section of the app, describing the crash issues and asked to have the app updated with bug fixes to make it more reliable. Who knows maybe it will help. Can't hurt.

reprod3

May 18, 2013
Visit site
My Fandango works on WP8 (Lumia 920). Even location works to find movies in the area. That said, it does occasionally crash out on me so it's in need of some bug fixing, but it's not 100% broken or anything, at least not for me.

Edit: Sent an email to the address you mentioned in the about section of the app, describing the crash issues and asked to have the app updated with bug fixes to make it more reliable. Who knows maybe it will help. Can't hurt.

Looks like it didn't help... Fandango has pulled the app and I can no longer download it on my device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss