MoliPlayer Pro, all-format local media player debuts on Windows Phone Store

mtshuksan

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
MoliPlayer Pro, a winner of the Best Apps Awards of 2013 from WP Store of Microsoft China, is an all-format local media player. Bringing to the WP platform the decoding power & user experience enjoyed by tens of millions of mobile users world-wide, MoliPlayer Pro plays videos and musics of all formats uploaded to the memory and SD card of your WP phone. It plays rmvb, mkv and avi files in addition to mp4 & wmv formats already supported by system player. It also plays lossless music formats like flac & ape. External subtitles formats like .srt, .a-ss, .ssa are supported as well. For a limited time only, MoliPlayer pro is available for $2.99, a 25% off the original price of $3.99. To get MoliPlayer Pro, visit
MoliPlayer Pro | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
web-WP.png

Key features of MoliPlayer Pro:
1. Plays almost all VIDEO formats: avi, mkv, mp4, h.264, rmvb, wmv, flv, ts, m2ts, and vob. etc.
2. Plays almost all MUSIC formats: aac, mp3, ape, flac, and ogg etc.
3. Displays almost all SUBTITLES: embedded, separate, and from remote server: srt, ssa, and *.*** etc.
4. Support playback from PC/NAS/Wireless HD through DLNA/uPnP
5. Full 1080p MKV/M2TS video playback on all series of phones.
6. MANAGES videos & musics in folders
7. Support multiple sound channels
8. Support multiple subtitles
9. Support background lossless music playback
10. Manages, downloads, and plays videos from internet
11. Easy wireless video transfer from your PC browser in WiFi network.
12. FAST upload from PC to the camera roll of the internal storage and/or SD card.
13. Easy GESTURE control, pinching to zoom, swiping for volume, brightness, and FF/Rew
14. Support pass code protection at app start-up
15. Support deleting videos on the SD card.
16. Support UI languages in Arabic, Czech, English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, and Turkish, thanks to the great support of MoliPlayer users worldwide.

1 SD?.png2 WIFI.png3 ????.png4 ????.png5 ??.png6 ???.jpg

Attachments

• 1 SD Card.png
    1 SD Card.png
    298.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 3 Play Video.png
    3 Play Video.png
    354.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 4 Select Subtitle.png
    4 Select Subtitle.png
    82.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 5 Play Music.png
    5 Play Music.png
    222.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 6 Camera Roll.png
    6 Camera Roll.png
    302.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for bringing a new app to the attention of the members of WPCentral. This looks interesting and useful. I'm sure that a lot of people will like this app.

kishorekumar_a

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Just bought this app. I am at work so I was able to try only with as sample .mpg file. It works as described.
Thanks to the developer for this amazing app.

Also please categorize audio in separate view as it shows all my mp3 files in All Videos list.

Will post updates on features & functions as I try more with it (once I go home).

nohctis

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
in other thread they said it seems the app was republished, and no trial option.. maybe i just lucky i downloaded it early..

nohctis

feal87

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I tried the player while the trial was still up. Here's my feedback:

1) Reads pretty much all formats, but the MKV with 10bit color format are displayed with deformed colors.
2) 720p videos in software decoding are not completely fluid on Nokia Lumia 520 (unless you have low bitrates). 1080p videos in software decoding are unplayable on any WP8 device released until now (I tried lumia 920 and it was REALLY slow). (maybe the 1520 will be able to run them, but I'm not sure)
3) Embedded subtitles aren't supported.

It's a promising app, but it'll need a series of updates in order to be able to match YxPlayerWP8's speed (that doesn't support 10bit either, but is able to play 1080p videos in software mode without any issue).

mtshuksan

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I tried the player while the trial was still up. Here's my feedback:

1) Reads pretty much all formats, but the MKV with 10bit color format are displayed with deformed colors.
2) 720p videos in software decoding are not completely fluid on Nokia Lumia 520 (unless you have low bitrates). 1080p videos in software decoding are unplayable on any WP8 device released until now (I tried lumia 920 and it was REALLY slow). (maybe the 1520 will be able to run them, but I'm not sure)
3) Embedded subtitles aren't supported.

It's a promising app, but it'll need a series of updates in order to be able to match YxPlayerWP8's speed (that doesn't support 10bit either, but is able to play 1080p videos in software mode without any issue).

Thank you for the detailed review! 10bit color and embedded subtitles will be supported in the next release. And hi-def MKV playback performance will be tuned as well. Please stay tuned.

mtshuksan

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Great. Bought it :)

Really really appreciate your great support. It'd been really really tough to port MoliPlayer Pro on to the Windows Phone platform. People who didn't go through all this pain can't fully feel it. It is the support from users like you that makes the ordeal all worth while.

There will be more pleasant surprise coming out of future releases. Please stay tuned!

feal87

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Really really appreciate your great support. It'd been really really tough to port MoliPlayer Pro on to the Windows Phone platform. People who didn't go through all this pain can't fully feel it. It is the support from users like you that makes the ordeal all worth while.

There will be more pleasant surprise coming out of future releases. Please stay tuned!

As soon as embedded subtitles and 10bit support is fixed, I'll be glad to buy it as well for my two devices. I am a fellow developer and I can understand the pain of porting such a massive app on a different platform. Good luck and I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. :)

mtshuksan

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
As soon as embedded subtitles and 10bit support is fixed, I'll be glad to buy it as well for my two devices. I am a fellow developer and I can understand the pain of porting such a massive app on a different platform. Good luck and I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. :)
Thank for the support!

lewismr

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Recently purchased the app..It plays almost all video formats but it is somewhat little laggy while playing 720p videos. Hope it gets fixed in next update. It would be great hit in marketplace since no other player(yxplayer) has so much potential..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05