Developing a Wunderlist app

Rob van Uden

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm starting to develop my first Windows Phone app. I'm thinking about developing a Wunderlist app. Is anybody interested in this? Check www.wunderlist.com for more info.
And if so, you can give me some tips in this thread :)
I have access to the lists/tasks via an API, I can show them already on my own phone. Now I'm thinking about how the app should work and look like, so I'm asking you for some ideas.

I hope you guys use Wunderlist and have some tips for me :)

DepletedQuark

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't know Evernote, but you can set due dates on tasks, you can make subtasks, star them, share a list with others... And it's multi-platform (except Windows Phone so far)

Yeah it's WAY better than Onenote (sorry guys!). Me and my girlfriend use it all the time on Android and it's the one thing keeping me from returning to my 925. The notifications when a task on our shared shopping list is completed are awesome.

If you Rob can make this happen you will have quite a few people willing to pay for an app. There are threads on the Wunderlist forums begging for an app to WP that indicate that.

If you need people to beta test etc I would gladly help!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

lee prescott

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Totally agree, people would be prepared to pay a app that offers the simplicity to take and manage notes, onenote trys but fails on a few levels..

Happy to beta test if you progress this

Rob van Uden

May 16, 2013
Visit site
OK. today I continued. I made it a panorama app, the first item is the list of lists, second item is the list of tasks for today.
If you have any design ideas, let me know!

JediTWang

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Sweet!
Anyone know when exactly when it'll be available other than "Q1 2014"?
This & a few others (mainly Evernote IIRC) are on my short-list.

Rob van Uden

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys, thanks for your interest all. Actually I managed to work on the app this week. I created a strong base for the app with MVVM Light, a framework. I already can check/uncheck my tasks. I am working on a more advanced app now, but I will need some beta testers soon. Anyone? :)

DepletedQuark

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys, thanks for your interest all. Actually I managed to work on the app this week. I created a strong base for the app with MVVM Light, a framework. I already can check/uncheck my tasks. I am working on a more advanced app now, but I will need some beta testers soon. Anyone? :)

Damn, too bad I got rid of my 925... I would have loved to take part of the beta.

Come on Nokia, release some new hardware that isn't a phablet...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

dayoungtx

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Would love to! PM me and I would be happy to beta test.

Rob van Uden

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I now have a pivot view with tasks for today, and for tomorrow. I now start working on the login view, and then I probably can launch as (closed) beta app. Please send me a pm with your Microsoft account-address to get an invite when it's ready :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven