Trio of Nintendo emulators: VBA8, VGBC8 and Snes8x.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: Trio of Nintendo emulators. Jan 28: Snes8x/VBA8/VGBC8 v2.5 are available.

Any plans on n64 emulator?

There are both android and Symbian n64 emulators out there I have to imagine its do-able.

:)

Sent from my RM-821_eu_france_267 using Tapatalk

Hi, I'm not working on n64 emulator at the moment. There was another developer who said he was working on one but that project does not look very alive at the moment. http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/250720-porting-mupen64plus-windows-phone-8-a.html

Last edited:

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: Trio of Nintendo emulators. Jan 28: VBA8/VGBC8 v2.5 are available.

Congrats on being a popular app. :)

Btw, how does the realtime clock work? Will it acutally advance the time when I am not running the emulator or will it only advance when I am playing? As in: will the emulator record the time a game was last played then "add" the difference to the current time to the RTC?

EDIT: ooh,new SNES8x logo. I like!

I'm not entirely sure how it works. I don't play pokemon honestly. If you play VBA on PC, there is an identical option and they should work identically.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site

I was wondering, is it at all possible to make save state backup/restore more automatic? I'm not sure if the WP Skydrive API allows this, but it'd be great if there was an option to automatically download saves from Skydrive when opening a game, and then automatically back it up to Skydrive when closing the game. It'd be really nice for those of us who want to play on both the phone and PC/tablet. Like I said though, I'm not really sure it's even possible with the way the Skydrive API works.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

I was wondering, is it at all possible to make save state backup/restore more automatic? I'm not sure if the WP Skydrive API allows this, but it'd be great if there was an option to automatically download saves from Skydrive when opening a game, and then automatically back it up to Skydrive when closing the game. It'd be really nice for those of us who want to play on both the phone and PC/tablet. Like I said though, I'm not really sure it's even possible with the way the Skydrive API works.

Automatic uploading is fine as the app can keep track of what save states were changed and upload it in the background once you exit the app. This is on my to-do list but its purpose is for safe backup.
Automatic downloading is very tricky because there is no way to detect file changes on Skydrive. The app would have to download all save states which are too inefficient.

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site

I'm not entirely sure how it works. I don't play pokemon honestly. If you play VBA on PC, there is an identical option and they should work identically.
I see. In that case it only means the game time will advance forward when you're actually playing the game. Also, the game will not complain about you having to set the clock every time you start the game.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk Beta

Maxis47

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Trio of Nintendo emulators. Jan 23: VBA8/VGBC8 v2.4 are available.

You are the first one to ask for it. I have put it on my to-do list. But it does not look like a much-requested feature, probably because there is no pokemon.

Well I appreciate you giving the feature any attention you can, and totally understand if it gets bumped in favor of features in more demand. You're doing great work for people like me with a big collection of games and not a lot of time to replay them like I'd like to. Thanks a ton

Eaggy

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site

I don't understand why you need me to send you the emulators with a different name. And to what email address?

I know that this is an unusal request. I've already contacted with Andre Botelho about EmiNes and EmiPSX, but he didn't respond - so I had to download cracked versions of those, change their names to: Nintendo Nes, Nintendo PlayStation. But the thing is that I actually bought them at Windows Store, so no harm made I guess ;)

I'm a stickler and I just hate that... that's what it's all about :(

Could you send me VBA8 with name/title: Nintendo GameBoy, VGBC8: Nintendo GameBoy and Snes8x: Nintendo Snes? My mail: eaggy@outlook.com

I couldn't find a way to change titles of apps in my WIndows Phone menu :/

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

I know that this is an unusal request. I've already contacted with Andre Botelho about EmiNes and EmiPSX, but he didn't respond - so I had to download cracked versions of those, change their names to: Nintendo Nes, Nintendo PlayStation. But the thing is that I actually bought them at Windows Store, so no harm made I guess ;)

I'm a stickler and I just hate that... that's what it's all about :(

Could you send me VBA8 with name/title: Nintendo GameBoy, VGBC8: Nintendo GameBoy and Snes8x: Nintendo Snes? My mail: eaggy@outlook.com

I couldn't find a way to change titles of apps in my WIndows Phone menu :/

I don't mind if you download the cracked version. This app is under GPL license anyway.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

What do you think about this design?

xzv7.png

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

That's so cool! But I can't find any of your emulators on the internet other than those from the market. That will be a challenge for me - if you could send me them without recompiling and I will try to do it by myself. I don't want to disturb you or anything like that, because of my strange request. I just want everything to look perfect on my device.

About the new design: I love it. It's more readable and looks a lot better!

Best regards,
Gabriel

I sent you Nintendo Snes xap. VBA8 is a mess at the moment. Will do that when I finish the redesign.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

What are your plans for the battery drain?

There is nothing I can do. Microsoft does not allow the use of a coding technique that is required to make an efficient emulator because that same technique is often used by virus. Therefore emulators on windows phone can never be efficient.

Eaggy

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site

I just noticed that there is a limitation about the games (Snes8x). I've got exactly 102 which of those just 50 are displaying (from SD card), guessing that it will be the same case in two other emulators. Is there anything that can be done about this?

volforto

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

I think the new design shown above looks nice :) Looks very organized.

Speaking of design (of which I am very picky since I am kind of in an industry related to design), I think the image in the new tile is too large, leaving too little space near the edge, making it looks a bit cramped. It might be good to give the option to use the phone color's theme for the tile too :)

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

I just noticed that there is a limitation about the games (Snes8x). I've got exactly 102 which of those just 50 are displaying (from SD card), guessing that it will be the same case in two other emulators. Is there anything that can be done about this?

I don't think so. There is no such limit in my code so it is likely a limit of windows phone api.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

I think the new design shown above looks nice :) Looks very organized.

Speaking of design (of which I am very picky since I am kind of in an industry related to design), I think the image in the new tile is too large, leaving too little space near the edge, making it looks a bit cramped. It might be good to give the option to use the phone color's theme for the tile too :)

thanks. I will fix it when I have time.

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site

change their names to: Nintendo Nes, Nintendo PlayStation.
You do realize the playstation - despite originally conceptualized as an addon for the SNES - was made by Sony, right? :D

Eaggy

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site

I don't think so. There is no such limit in my code so it is likely a limit of windows phone api.

That's what I was afraid of :/ Oh well, so there's nothing that anyone can do about this.

You do realize the playstation - despite originally conceptualized as an addon for the SNES - was made by Sony, right? :D

Hahaha, so sorry! Too many Nintendo emulators :)

SNES-CD - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Pretty good one :)

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

That's what I was afraid of :/ Oh well, so there's nothing that anyone can do about this.

Well I think I can change the code to let the user select the folder. Then you just need to split the roms into several folders.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb