VLC for WP sports a "Zune" like interface. Might be good

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Cool! Looks pretty nice! I really wish that they would have just touched-optimized the Zune software when they rebranded to Xbox Music, rather than trying to reinvent the wheel.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
ZUNE still exists. I use the AMAZING PC software all the time. (Yes, MS has removed some features, but it was so freaking great, that it is still great even missing some features.). Check it out. The visualizations and features are still years ahead of the Xbox Music App. The DJ feature (based on your selection) and the curated Playlists are great. The "Picks for me" is a nice feature.

The ZUNE Marketplace service still exists. It was renamed Xbox Music and Xbox Video. (It is still called ZUNE Marketplace in the ZUNE PC Software.). The ZUNE Music Pass subscription was renamed Xbox and still works. You can stream, you can download unlimited songs to play locally on your player when there is no Internet and you can buy music. You can still buy or rent movies/TV/ ect.

"The announcement of my death is premature."

Last edited:

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Looks beautiful. I downloaded Zune myself to see how well it still holds up, and it still does.

Now I wish Microsoft didn't discontinue Zune.

Sent from my Lumia 620 using Tapatalk

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
It looks very nice. I'm just dying for it to be released. Tired of waiting month after month. Its the best media player I have used on my laptop and I'm sure it will be the best for WP too.

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
so they couldnt even made an original UI for their app, and the only thing they could make was a cheap copy of Zune software, like if it was:
1. touch optimized (because its supposed to be for tablets... and mostly RT ones since they dont run desktop software)
2. the best and better looking music software ever. I mean.. no, it wasnt, it actually sucked in too many ways, it was even annoying to use the damn WinPho7 with it... and yeah I still have a wp7 I use sometimes, but I would rather not to even plug my phone to transfer pictures and sync music, because it just sucks so much to use Zune for almost anything.

I must admit playing music in fullscreen thing, was the only cool thing about zune... it looked good, although it used alot of unnecessary resources just to play some songs... and it didnt even work if I didnt set it to be US region.

so couldnt enjoy it so much.but seriously, there are already alternatives that will work the same or better than this apparent dream app that seems not to be released in the next 70 years. its just strange to see people making so much buzz about this thing, like if it was the ultimate needed app, and there wasnt more video apps on windows store.
to each its own, I know, but of course I just find it funny... I hope people who at least paid for the kickstarter would get something, because it sounds not cool they havent released much about this VLC port whatever thing

It looks very nice. I'm just dying for it to be released. Tired of waiting month after month. Its the best media player I have used on my laptop and I'm sure it will be the best for WP too.
wow... really? it seems you havent used many video software... im sure they are more customizable and better players out there, maybe they will not be ported to WinRT, but again, I already have apps that do a good/decent job from win8store, without waiting months of months for a crappy player like VLC, that only can copy other software UIs and dont make their own.

Brad and Ellen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
wow... really? it seems you havent used many video software...

Wow...how incredibly patronizing, no need for that. We can't speak for Lance, but like him we also have had zero issues with previous incarnations of VLC and we too are looking forward to its release. There's a lot more to VLC than media playback, however, it appears you have already made up your mind. That's why we have choice.

Hopefully after its release, updates will not be as difficult and will come as frequently as other versions of the player. I'm sure it will be a bare bones version compared to other versions of VLC. Of course, we'll have to sit through the endless posts of '...it took them this long and they're missing XXX feature! VLC Sucks!' The GUI they can work on, we just want seamless playback of all of our media at launch.

Sent from our Surface RT

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers