Battery app with real "live" tile

se7en20

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Anyone who can suggest a good battery app with a working live tile? I've tried several battery apps but the live tile isn't really live because the displayed percentage will only update after you click on the tile. I need something that displays the remaining percentage in real time. Thanks!

Erick Rmz

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
WP has several limitations and one of them is no real time notifications in several cases, as the battery monitoring. Apps can 'read' status only every half an hour aprox.
I use 'battery' by Arthur Semenov, runs fine for me.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia using Tapatalk

VisualD

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I use Battery (Enless Soft Ltd.). You can try it out. Its the most downloaded battery app.

Battery | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
The new version has a bug though, but the app is really nice.
Thank you for reporting this and sorry for the inconvenience.

There’s a bug in the latest version. We’ve already fixed it and released an update, but it will take some time to get approved for the store (4-5 days).

In the meantime, the only workaround (which we know isn’t very convenient) is to change the phone’s (not the app’s) display language to English.

Again, we’re sorry for the inconvenience.

-----
Best Regards,
Yasen Dokov
Enless Soft Ltd.

se7en20

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
thanks for all the replies! I didn't know live tiles update every 30 min. I actually don't have live tiles in my start screen. I'm also using the one from Arthur Semenov and I'm pretty sure it doesn't always update unless you click it, not even every 30 min.

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Insider Pro, hands down.

It is a battery app, a storage check app, a network info app, lockscreen support for detailed info, and with bing background feature, and it shows remaining phone storage and battery info on the livetile. I believe it also can show weather on the livetile.

Best of all, the battery part of the app has just about the best battery log ever. I tried all battery apps, and none even come close to the extensive logs on InsiderPro.

For a Battery app, this is the very best of them. Imo off course ;)

se7en20

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! I'll try Insider. Just last night I charged my phone when it reached 4%. I forgot the charging and slept for around 3 hrs. When I unplugged the phone the tile still displays 4%. I really have to try something new.

RuleOfSines

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I actually just made a battery app for myself yesterday, it does pretty much nothing but update the live tile to minimize background work and battery use. Opening the app itself just shows the status of the background task managing the tile, and allows you to reset the task if it appears to not be working. I'm still testing it but may try to release it into the store as a free app, no ads or special permissions required.

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I actually just made a battery app for myself yesterday, it does pretty much nothing but update the live tile to minimize background work and battery use. Opening the app itself just shows the status of the background task managing the tile, and allows you to reset the task if it appears to not be working. I'm still testing it but may try to release it into the store as a free app, no ads or special permissions required.

Pls let us know when it is available. I'd like to try it out then. Thanks.

Rubenidas

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Why does mine not update at all though? they wont update all day if i dont open the apps. I have this issue with several apps, like Bing weather as well and HTC app. Any idea why?

Erick Rmz

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Why does mine not update at all though? they wont update all day if i dont open the apps. I have this issue with several apps, like Bing weather as well and HTC app. Any idea why?

May be your apps are disabled for operation in background, check configuration -> apps -> background tasks.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia using Tapatalk

RuleOfSines

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
How many live tiles do you have pinned? If I remember correct there is a limit to how many background tasks the OS will actually allow to run. Background tasks are not supposed to be used for task-critical processes and are not guaranteed to run at all. In the case of a battery tile however, the background task is critical to operation. From what I remember the OS will pop up a message the first time you pin too many live tiles.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte