Facebook messenger or Facebook integration?

XcZachx20

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm just wondering with all this new about Windows Phone 8.1 and the new Facebook messenger app, which would you prefer? Would you like WP to keep the facebook integration it has now in the messages hub or are you happy with the new app? what are your thoughts?

xratola

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Actually I understood that it will be an special Facebook app that is gonna have farther integration than the current version. Plus, it's highly beneficial for us since it will be updated frequently in contrast to the current in built Facebook that needs an OS update to see changes (that barely happen).

XcZachx20

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
This is very true and a great point. I hope to see deeper integration and more updates is always awesome for everyone! Make facebook will even make the Facebook app this time around

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Well i would prefer integrated fb messenger if it would be outdated as **** and wouldn't show you online 24/7

Currently i have a relief and use FB messenger, i really hope fb messenger will integrate into WP8.1 messaging hub, i prefer handling my **** there, rather than opening the app(it's fast but whatever)

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm with the Facebook Messenger app. I'm assuming turning off fb chat in the messaging hub and using the app would be better for the battery. Plus the app can handle group and pictures which the messaging hub cant

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Interesting thread. I was wondering about this too.

What makes you think the messenger app is better for the battery?

Divjot Singh

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Well i would prefer integrated fb messenger if it would be outdated as **** and wouldn't show you online 24/7

Currently i have a relief and use FB messenger, i really hope fb messenger will integrate into WP8.1 messaging hub, i prefer handling my **** there, rather than opening the app(it's fast but whatever)

it is outdated coz fb made changes more frequently than MS changed WP. That is the logical issue of having something baked in which is not in your control

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Interesting thread. I was wondering about this too.

What makes you think the messenger app is better for the battery?

I would think its better because it tries to maintain a connection throughout the day within the os. There's been times I've seen it trying to connect and couldn't when i check my texts. But that's just my theory from what I've observed. I would think with the multitasking of the app

would use less battery

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

pauleyKills

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I like the new FB Messenger App. It's simple and gets the job done like sending pictures, group chat, and in fact all functions that a chatbox have. It's just a pity the Integrated Messenger is so limited.

If you want to read an article about disagreeing or hating on the new messenger app....here is a link (article was like written by a kid with a tantrum)
Facebook Messenger is now available on Windows Phone and its Horrible : Nokia Innovation

Nicholas Foong

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Well the inbuilt Facebook integration in the Messaging Hub is great but it's great to have an official app.

Last edited by a moderator:

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Current messenger stand alone app definitely. However, wait till April when this app along with new Facebook app will integrate much better than we have in built now.
You have to realise that current integration is redundant now. Why? Because it supports messenger chat and facebook chat. Now messenger does not exist. There is no way you can add friends to messenger. You can't make new friends. With Facebook chat - it lacks features. It doesn't allow sharing of photos, videos, voice calls, stickers, viewing last seen status, viewing "typing" status. Why does it even make sense to stick to integrated one?

WP8.1 will let other apps hook into the system apps - that is far better. You can have a choice of Skype, Facebook and hopefully Whatsapp - to hook into messaging hub. Far superior than our current integration. This way you will be able to enjoy all the facilities of apps right from your messaging hub. I have stopped using integrated chat and social network share and rather use the apps now. Yes, I am all up for WP having its own identity as "integrated around people" - but current integration is far too limited, lacks features and redundant. If what they are doing with WP8.1 brings more features, more apps to integrate and more stability, why resist?

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
maybe I should clarify.

I am currently using the standalone app, as it has features that the built in chat does not have. I do, however, wish the built in chat *had* those functions, that would be awesome.

yehuda92

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I love the new facebook messenger, my only issue is that it seems to be a HUGE battery drain... like... cutting my battery in half...

Juan Pablo Ursic

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I love the new facebook messenger, my only issue is that it seems to be a HUGE battery drain... like... cutting my battery in half...

That huge? I've installed it in my 920 when it came out and yesterday i went to uni at 11.40 and get hack home at 20.00, used the app obviously but i didn't have to charge the phone till almost 1.00 or 2.00 AM.

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad any facebook integration is gone, I use it strictly to communicate with my peers from uni (because they all abandoned the forum, so I have no other choice), and I don't want it anywhere near my phone (or my contacts, photos, and god only knows what else facebook takes from the phone).

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720