Current state of online dating using WP8?

travislicious

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Hey wpcentral community!

After recently becoming single, I have been looking to get into the online dating scene. Just prior to that, I realized I suffered from too many phones syndrome and sold off a bunch of them (including my Lumia I had for experimenting with WP8)

So since, I don't have a Windows Phone handy, I am asking all you fine folks what the current state is of WP8 online dating apps. Which ones work well? Which suck? Which should I just use the browser for? Depending on the upcoming Nokia announcement I may be back on a WP8 device pretty soon, and just would like to know what to expect.

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Supposedly eHarmony has come up recently in the store, but I personally can't vouch for that one.

I'm a subscriber to Match, however, and have used their app both as a free and paid member. You can tell that the app is pretty outdated and it does indeed lack some features from the browser version (email read notifications, daily matches, etc.), but it does get the job done. One interesting bit that the app has over the browser (as a non-paying member) is that you can actually see who's viewed you. It's a little bit of a loophole, but hey, it's not my fault they never updated the app!

I think there are more apps out there, some tailored to more specific demographics (e.g. M4M), but I figured I'd just give my input on the only one I personally use.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb