Spotify app huge update!

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
That's exactly what happens. You nailed it.

I never had to do that before on my other devices. This particular update changed that.

Anyway, I have since cancelled Spotify after a number of years. Another thing that annoys me is that when I play music over bluetooth in my car, track progress doesn't show on my car stereo's screen. Now, this never was available under Spotify for WP, but I noticed that every other music app I've used and tested (Beats, Xbox Music, Songza, and Nokia Mix Radio) does display the track progress.

It's just things like this that have added up to why I can't stand giving Spotify any more of my money.

So, off to Xbox Music for my main music app. (bleh) lol

Did you mean track info? It does show on my car (Subaru).

Sent from my Surface with Windows RT using Tapatalk

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Did you mean track info? It does show on my car (Subaru).

Sent from my Surface with Windows RT using Tapatalk

I mean track progress. As in, the amount of time a track is and its time left to play. It shows artist and album information just fine. All my other apps show this info except Spotify.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I mean track progress. As in, the amount of time a track is and its time left to play. It shows artist and album information just fine. All my other apps show this info except Spotify.

Oh I misunderstood. Yes, don't have that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
On the other hand, I just discovered it does...
ytubu7y9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I'll show you mine.

Spotify should look like this.

a8eta6ep

But it doesn't have the progress bar or time played/remaining. All other music apps on my phone does.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
That's interesting. The one I posted prior was with the Spotify app playing, but the HU is only capable of showing time in progress (no remaining). I remember my Alpine can show both, I should check later.

Thanks.

Izzyq8

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
The latest update is a bit better imo but still lacking waaaaay behind android version.
I don't mind missing features but it needs to be faster when resuming from pause and using the app

mikchaos

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Spotify updated their app once more with scrobbling support for Last.FM. However they still haven't implemented a transparent live tile option... So I went ahead and created a new thread in their Idea Exchange platform.

Make sure you stop by, give the idea Kudos and finally make Spotify implement a native feature of WP!

Unfortunately the forum doesn't allow me to post links yet, just go to Spotify's idea exchange site and search for "Transparent Tiles"

phMoschetta

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I've recently migrated from Android to Windows Phone, and these are the features I miss from the WP version:

• Last.fm scrobbling
  • cover art and extended 'now playing' details in lock screen
  • ability to resume the app where you left when changing between apps (it always goes back to the Browse screen)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)