[WhatsApp] News ... Reviews & Impressions!

VivekRabara

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I've never needed to do any of those things and I suspect the majority of people will also never need it or use it even if the functionality is there.

Remember just because you do something doesn't mean that the majority of other users will also do it, the vast majority of WhatsApp users will only ever send texts and pictures to friends and nothing more. WhatsApp will cater for the majority first before adding nice to haves for a small group of users.

If it is so important to your life to have those features then get an Android device, no one is stopping you and no one cares.

I will just say "If you can't make your bright side more bright than make your dark side bright.

(in ref. to features and services of apps to WindowsPhone.)

lum5

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Some are saying new update from store is removed due to error... its still showing for me... Any one still still showing to update...

Memitim

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I agree that having more features are cool but the basics should be working as good or better than the other platforms before they start adding more features, this current update has gone a long way in fixing that.

The app start-up is almost instant now, compared to the few seconds it used to take before, navigation in the app is much smoother than before and the app generally feels more solid which is a major step in the right direction and an indication that the WhatsApp developers are finally coming to grips with producing quality code for WP. We should see more features being added from now on as the base app is working great

Quality > Quantity

VivekRabara

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Agree with this now. I just want MS to compete with Android and iOS, like they are doing with each other. I am not against MS or WhatsApp whatsoever. :)

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Read that the app need to be moved back to the main phone memory before update for those using phones with ext sd. Else you will encountered restoring issues.

melvintwj

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Font style LOL.

No offense, but the font suits WP as it is. If you want a different font then maybe get a jailbroken iPhone or, yeah, Android.

It's like complaining that you can't kick the ball in a game of basketball. Hahahaha! Just my opinion :)

VivekRabara

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Font style LOL.

No offense, but the font suits WP as it is. If you want a different font then maybe get a jailbroken iPhone or, yeah, Android.

It's like complaining that you can't kick the ball in a game of basketball. Hahahaha! Just my opinion :)

Agree. Everyone has his/her opinion. After all it all depends on App itself. We can just raise/suggest the things. :)

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
You have to be more precisely: A NEWER update is available :)
So the bugs should be gone now.

I find it interesting btw that they waited months and used beta testers but still such big bugs after update.
But at least they reacted very quickly now...

P1ng0fDeath

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I like the new emojis menu scrolling, easier to find the one you're looking for

and let's just take a moment and be grateful to Whatsapp team for including something that neither iOS nor Android has yet: different backgrounds for each conversation :cool:

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
1. Now chats background turns dark or white according to theme settings. I like that.
2. Dp of contacts are loading a bit slow as it does in android. They need to fix this.
3. More details about a contact are being shown. Liked that!

I can feel whatsapp on windows phone is now moving towards the correct direction:)

bichaels

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Did they just add ability to save videos in the first update and remove it in the second?

To be clear I mean videos that have been made and sent from within WhatsApp so aren't otherwise on the phone. After the first update I was able to save these after browsing the photos and videos within a conversation (though not directly from the conversation).

The first update however stopped working after a couple of hours (couldn't open whatsapp at all), so I then unistalled and installed the updated update. Trying to save videos in the same way again now and it seems the option is no longer there? Plus old photos now look really pixelated.

This would be very annoying as has been the feature I have been waiting for. Either that or the ability to send videos that I've taken with my main camera that are longer than about 15seconds (ie compression or similar).

edit - it would appear the function is still there for new videos but for old videos i can't even play them as I get a 'media file does not exist error'. So I guess the update has lost all my videos somehow. I won't try to express how annoyed I am.

Last edited:

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else uses Search feature in WA. it was almost useless before update -if I search for a word it would show ONLY the most recent One even if I had used it multiple times. Anyways, right now WhatsApp doesn't find anything. I was so hoping it will get better, but broken now

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs