Do you feel the live lockscreen app is over hyped ?

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I was waiting for this app in a long long time. It got released some hours ago and after I installed it, I didn't find it all that great. Did you guys feel the same too ? Do you think the lock screen app is over hyped ?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I didn't feel it was overhyped, since I wasn't even aware of it until it got released. FWIW, I did not watch Build or any of the other big Microsoft events.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I didn't feel it was overhyped, since I wasn't even aware of it until it got released. FWIW, I did not watch Build or any of the other big Microsoft events.
I saw it at BUILD 2014 and at that point of time I was like wowwww....But for some reason when I'm using it at present it ain't that fascinating.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Let's be honest here. We knew the app wouldn't release with all that many lockscreen options and the chances are they are going to keep adding more over time. Plus there's the issue of it just being a lockscreen. Sure it's nice to see the lockscreen in different ways but I think you might have over hyped this for yourself and expected too much?

Dave Bhullar

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I was expecting a bit more from the app but this is only beta so I hope they can make it live up to the hype. They just need to do the following imo:

1. Add more themes
2. Show more notifications
3. Make it more smooth, it lags on my 925 which has 1gb ram. I also saw my old lock screen once.
4. Integrate it into the OS but if that means that it can't be updated anymore then they probably shouldn't lol.
5. Show the music artist picture/album art while music is playing.

I noticed something interesting tho, I have an app that displays battery percentage on the lock screen (also works with glance), and now it's still showing the battery percentage on the new lock screen but the battery symbol turned into a sun/star symbol.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
It's a beta. A preview of the app. Maybe it would be better to reserve judgement until the completed app has been released.

Manojkumar_25

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
That won't happen until windows threshold comes out...they will keep it just as beta same thing what they done for "Files". Files never received any update after it's launch....

HTC13

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Other than the moving clock that slices and twists a photo, what is "live" about this app? None of the other theme choices move so I don't get why they call this a "live" lock screen app???

Malay Agarwal

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I was waiting for this app in a long long time. It got released some hours ago and after I installed it, I didn't find it all that great. Did you guys feel the same too ? Do you think the lock screen app is over hyped ?

Its in beta
U cant expect MS to release everything at once?
All the lock screens at once?
Its still good enough

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
It is, okay.

It's a nice feature to show to your friends however it makes you lose the kid's corner and has anyone noticed that it shows stars instead of app notifications?

This functionality should be opened up to 3rd party devs, they can do a much better job than Microsoft.

But since Rudy is working with them, I believe it will improve a lot soon. :)
Sent from my RM-914_im_mea3_380 using Tapatalk

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I guess overhyped is in the eye of the beholder. I mean, there was definitely some press about it. But hardly would I call it overhype

rluka

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
That's what they get for not being detailed about what's in the apps
They should have expected it if they're going to let users' imagination runs wild

But see it from the bright side, WP users are still optimistic and putting expectation on Microsoft (or is it Rudy ?) to do great things.
They don't just give it a cold shoulder right from the start.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I didn't see any hype.
Touched on at Build 2014 with Rudy Huyn's name mentioned in development.
Frankly I forgot about it too.

People get all goosebumply at these announcements then slump over when the real thing drops.
Expect nothing and remain happy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6