Apps that you badly want or want an update on WP

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I can manage with the apps that are available on Windows Phone, but being a huge mobile gamer, I want the games I'm currently playing on my iOS and Android devices to be on Windows Phone.

wXWgtws.jpg
jcA5Xd4.jpg
FeMnS4e.jpg
2s5YG79.jpg
Eohqbbe.png
irFGQFs.jpg
De722cX.png
VgjZljV.jpg
pisTUmZ.jpg
gWDtytZ.jpg
FWlmxcU.jpg
n2VD3zm.jpg
0mTK0tI.jpg
9mDLBNE.jpg
TZAf16D.jpg

Just give me SOME of these games on Windows Phone, and it would make it a whole lot easier to dump my other devices.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
New apps:
1) PNC Bank / PNC Virtual Wallet
2) Honeywell TotalConnect 2
3) HBO GO
4) LoyalTree (local loyalty rewards program)

Update to apps:
1) IMDB
2) Facebook, as others said, would be better developed by Facebook themselves to keep it on par with other platforms.
3) (I know some others are lacking some features but they are adequate for my needs).

Hardware support:
1) Moov Fitness Tracker (new product)
2) Coin (hardware currently in beta, supports iOS and will support Android next month)
3) Sense (Sleep monitor available later this year).

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I really need
- A good browser with add ons and a different UI than the single standard one allowed by WP. Firefox mobile or Dolphin in particular, with the capacity to choose my search engine.
- I need Pleco Chinese and Hanping for my work
- I need a good mail client with lots of functions that don't exist in WP
- I need a working office app.
- A good integrated messaging client (IM+ Pro is terrible and dropped Skype support, Skype sucks and the others offer subpar performances except Line and Wechat which work very good, among those i use)?
- I need the platform to allow global sharing with automated insertion of new apps in the sharing list.
- I need to be able to select my preferred default apps rather than those preset by microsoft. For example i can't stand links opening into Explorer because Explorer simply doesn't work and lacks all what i need. I use Surfy and Maxthon and therefore links should open there.
- I need real maps with public transport and a function that shows me directions simply clicking on the map twice to define FROM/TO points rather than inserting "CHINESE ADDRESSES" i often have no clue of although i know where places are (Microsoft and Nokia didn't think much of this)
- Of course i still need the Traditional Chinese Qwerty (pinyin) that Microsoft refuses to add on its OS.
- A good music app that actually works. For some reasons the NEXT key on my music app is not working. If anyone has a good idea for a good app i'll be glad to try them all. Searches in the market result in things i don't need.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
...and I wish Photobucket would update their damn app!

With that though, I've since started using Onedrive for my picture hosting, and have mastered the sharing functions and methods used to post pics in forums etc. Wouldn't want to use anything else now really. The hell with Photobucket! (I do still have a few hundred pics hosted there though!)

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Why does Mobile Nations make an awesome, free WPCentral app for Android, but not one for actual Windows Phone? Whoever it was that made the WPCentral app for Windows Phone did a good job, but the official one on Android is much better.

Does WP not have enough users for Mobile Nations to build an actual app?

MaxyBley

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Say whatever you want but if there is one app I really want it would have to be Google+. No don't come telling me about the ones in the store they are basically web wrapped apps. And just plain bad.

Stephen Vogel

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I am not a huge app user but as I am self employed apps for my bank and for accepting credit card payments and also an app for SmartJobs, which is a job booking and invoicing app. At present I use an iPad for all of this

lkcbharath

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I can manage with the apps that are available on Windows Phone, but being a huge mobile gamer, I want the games I'm currently playing on my iOS and Android devices to be on Windows Phone.

View attachment 79210
View attachment 79212
View attachment 79214
View attachment 79216
View attachment 79217
View attachment 79218
View attachment 79219
View attachment 79220
View attachment 79221
View attachment 79222
View attachment 79223
View attachment 79224
View attachment 79225
View attachment 79226
View attachment 79227

Just give me SOME of these games on Windows Phone, and it would make it a whole lot easier to dump my other devices.

Yep those look solid. Do message the developers with the #MobileEquality hashtag and tell them to develop for WP too

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I knew about that. But that was a Microsoft made YouTube that was pulled from store.

You keep saying google published official app on windows phone which it never did. They publically stated, even in 2012 when market was still open that they are not planning on bringing google apps to either windows, windows phone or windows RT anytime soon.

Uhmm dude, even the Facebook app has been put on the Store by Microsoft, however both Facebook and Microsoft worked on it.

For all intents and purposes the YouTube app seen on the Windows Phone Store before was "official" and could you please show me where Google has said that they aren't planning to bring Google services to Windows, Windows RT and Windows Phone, they have Google Chrome one of the best browsers on Windows 8.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Facebook, twitter, and Instagram on par with looks and functionality of iOS.

IP pro cam, and many other apps

AUCLABruin

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I would be happy with BBC News and games made by Sega, SNK and Namco. Bigger game titles (like Clash of Clans) would also be good for the platform but they're not the ones I want.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I'd also like updates for the Live Lock Screen app, Crunchyroll and the Engadget app, and the Tapatalk app.

Also, why the heck isn't there an app for the rest of the Mobile Nations sites?

ZKnowN

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Here's the list of apps I want updated. Forgive me if I repeated any app.
1. utorrent
2. Easy Transfer (GUI update)
3 Page Manager app for Fb (Official)
4. Files (Need more features)
5. Messenger (Log out option)
6. Nokia Creative Studio (More features)

GrandGerminator

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
1 - Waze. Really heavy app, not smooth at all, no landscape mode
2 - Instagram, exits beta, include messages and video, and could integrate Windows Phone
3 - Twitter, to include what we saw in Twitter Beta when it was in developper preview few months back

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Carrier billing for Windows Phone Store is an addition I would like to give
Carrier billing is dependant on your carrier, not the OS. I've used carrier billing for every app and game purchase I've made in the last two years on AT&T here in the U.S.

I can even buy music, songs or whole albums and also movies and have the cost added to my monthly AT&T mobile bill. Works perfectly!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)