A lot of spam apps that need to be reported

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
How about using this thread to put up the names of those apps so that more people can report them, & get it unpublished.
A like under each app link to show that you have reported it.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Earlier this month, a LOT of spam apps have appeared in the Windows Phone Store. You can find most of them in the music+videos category, by going to new apps. All of the apps have the same icon with a gray background and spammy names. They are made by different developers.

I was wondering if someone could help reporting the apps? There are so many of them.

Hi, I think it would be great and appropriate, if you would explain what a spam app is? Does it claim to be something that it isn't and only offer a paid version?

VS729

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
You are right... This is a serious situation..... Like an infection.....I reported a few apps.,..there seems to be too many....!! Some body plz give MS a call.... The app permission too are highly questionable....

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Some names are:
bo3
minhcu25
phucyou
whatit
Zekkh Tube
buiduckhanh399435
buiduckhanh399420
buiduckhanh399434
vuxuanhung59
phamhoang3
minhcu24
buiduckhanh399419
buiduckhanh399432
kun7
minhcu8
daidong12
letung45
buiduckhanh399428
buiduckhanh399427
batung50
batung46
buiduckhanh399417
bo6
xuanhunghung
batung52
minhcu26
batung48
batung40

DAMN... the botting is strong with this one. This is a serious flaw in windows store & must MS must be made aware of this, in case they aren't already.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
What do these apps do? Like what happens (or doesn't happen) if you download & install one of these apps and open it? I don't want to try it.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What do these apps do? Like what happens (or doesn't happen) if you download & install one of these apps and open it? I don't want to try it.

best case scenario: they're actually well made and not spam.

but more likely they bring zero value and are benign. Just useless.

You're welcome to install them, there's, as of now, no chance of a virus or other stuff since apps can only touch their own things. (and it wont be smart to damage oneself)
I wouldn't readily log into one though.
But otherwise, you're welcome to run it to see if you're curious.

UchilHasmit

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded a few of these... Seem to be MS related articles just like the screenshots on the store shows.. Permissions required are strange tho... Uninstalled !

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Earlier this month, a LOT of spam apps have appeared in the Windows Phone Store. You can find most of them in the music+videos category, by going to new apps. All of the apps have the same icon with a gray background and spammy names. They are made by different developers.

I was wondering if someone could help reporting the apps? There are so many of them.

EDIT: Below are some examples of spam apps. These apps have no purpose and are basically the same apps with changed titles and random letters in the description.

There are "batung" apps from batung2 to batung64.
There are "bo" apps from bo1 to bo10.
There are "minhcu" apps from minhcu1 to minhcu26.
There are "buiduckhanh" apps from buiduckhanh399410 to buiduckhanh399436.

And that's just a small amount of similar spam apps. It seems like all of the apps are created in App Studio.

The crazy thing is that ALL of these apps are published by different accounts. How could this possibly get approved?

This issue, like many others, is known very well by non US customers and it's old. Apparently Microsoft has cleaned up the US market but not most of the foreign ones (which is yet one more reason why US customers appear to be happier somewhat).
Reported here: Windows Phone Store drowning in spam web apps?
More rants (fully justified IMHO): Windows Phone Store: these aren?t the Facebook apps you?re looking for | istartedsomething
That was last March:
In September, they are still dragging the issue along: Microsoft accused of cleaning up only the US app store
However, they insist in boasting an alleged "Increase in applications", elegantly skipping on saying that many are plain spam, a lot have in app purchasing (therefore not free as they claim and illegal based on EU laws), while others are copies of one another (Maps) and tons have same icons too. Flappy birds comes to my mind.

It's a very well known issue that nobody at Microsoft seems to care of. I can understand an US user arguing in the blog as they don't have a view of the global market and just focus on their experience or the US at best. I cannot justify a global company ripping off users though.

That market is as empty as ever, if you remove all the trash.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99