Facebook Messenger not working for anyone else?

kjordan_29

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
My Facebook messenger app is not working. When I open it it just gets stuck with the dots sliding on the screen. Is this happening to anyone else?

gringos993

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Not working for me either, same problem. Stuck on Recent screen and won't load. I have lumia 820. Tried reinstall few times, and also soft reset, and delete both facebook and messenger. Non of my tries were successful.

joshdeans13

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I will try to launch Messenger, and the screen will slide out then swing back in. Like it's attempting to launch but fails instantly. I also tried to go to the app through Facebook app, Facebook works but same kind of problem launching Messenger. I tried going to accounts in Settings and resync. I tried reinstalling after every change in settings, no luck. I can still use the Messaging app, but would prefer Messenger. It seems like the app is simply not working, not issue in settings.

Aresjr21

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried opening the Facebook app then clicking the messenger symbol in the app to take you to the messenger? That may possibly fix your problem.

Aresjr21

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried using a different data connection to access the app? For instance turn off cellular data and use just WiFi and vice versa.

OSou Clever

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Crap, I was hoping for a fix.. My Facebook Messenger has this same problem on my 1320, before and after the Cyan update, and tried a soft and hard reset... No luck

Edit: It worked earlier when someone sent me a message on fb the notification pushed and I was able to see it.. But I hit "back" and it went back to how it is again.

Gerrit Morisse

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Any luck people...this bug happened to me from yesterday and its annoying that I don't have an alternative to facebook messenger except IM+ which sucks tho,im like two seconds away on throwing my 925 to the sellers and getting and android :c

Gerrit Morisse

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
alright..here is what i found..but its not fixed,the bug is actually tied to your account for strange reasons,when i uninstalled the facebook messenger and installed it ,but instead putting my account,i let brother to add it,it worked perfectly on my 925.I tried the same experiment on my brothers 520 but using my account..there it is the bug again..its tied to my account for some unknown reason??!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)