Flipboard: flip or no flip

MrPhilicorda

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
So this has been a hot topic in the comment section of every Flipboard article on WPC so far. Some couldn't care less, others say "no flip no download". As the rumour goes, having the app scroll instead of flip is a conscious design choice from the developers. Now I'm curious to see which way the scale is tipping amongst the actual users.

***IF YOU ARE LOOKING AT THIS THREAD, PLEASE TAKE 2 SECONDS TO VOTE***

:grin: :grin:

Last edited:

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I am not a dedicated WP user, but I do use one along side an Android. I use Flipboard on Android, but not WP. The main reason is because of no flipping on WP.

MrPhilicorda

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
The reason I chose Flipboard (on my Surface Pro 2) over other smilar news readers was because of the flip feature. It looks beautiful and it is very intuitive on a touch device. I saw the Android version in action on a friends phone and it really looked gorgeous, I was so jealous.

mpl175

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
If it doesn't flip,it's not really flipboard. Without that signature flipping motion it's just another news reader. Sure the content is there,but to me its not the same.

MrPhilicorda

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
While the flipping action isn't necessary, it differentiates Flipboard from the crowd. Without it, Flipboard is just another news aggregator.

MrPhilicorda

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't make a difference to me in all honesty. The content is what I want, the animation means nothing to me.

For me that's like saying it doesn't matter if food tastes good as long as it is nutritious. I want my food to taste good AND be nutritious. I also want Flipboard to have great content AND look great (= flip). :smile:

greyskytheory

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
For me that's like saying it doesn't matter if food tastes good as long as it is nutritious. I want my food to taste good AND be nutritious. I also want Flipboard to have great content AND look great (= flip). :smile:

Those are two totally different subjects. I don't care about an animation. They can call it "news board" since it doesn't flip. I'd still use it. Flip, no flip, no care.

MrPhilicorda

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Those are two totally different subjects. I don't care about an animation. They can call it "news board" since it doesn't flip. I'd still use it. Flip, no flip, no care.

I was just explaining what it means to me. :smile: Every opinion is a valid one. Some care, some don't. This thread is about finding out whether there is a majority either way or not.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Well, the app name implies a "flip" somewhere in the user experience. But if it so much of a deal, maybe an option to toggle between "flipping" and "scrolling" (and other page turning effects) should be included in the app settings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes