Windows Phone has no apps...Myth

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(5580688)

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I find it interesting that people complain about there not being enough apps on Windows Phone, but according to Reddit (the community of the internet), the top 10 must have apps on a smartphone these days are:
1. 3rd party YouTube app
2. Waze (GPS app)
3.Spotify
4. Swiftkey
5. 3rd party Reddit app
6. Twilight (blue light filter)
7. Sleep Cycle app
8. Gas Buddy
9. IFTTT
10. Mint (budgeting)

Don't we have the majority of these? Think we have all apart from Twilight and IFTTT?
Just very frustrating that people seem to think Windows Phone is inferior to the other platforms!

Helder Costa1

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
it's just a myth created few years ago... (well, not a myth,was true..) but not now, most the apps we got them... very happy with our platform,and it will improve very soon... ...

fredd

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site
I love windows Phone but there are still alot of apps missing or not updated. Where is the Dish anywhere app, My bank app, my local news app. I can get them on the other platforms. And there are many apps that work with windows 7 that I need but will not work with 8 or 8.1. No matter what anyone says there is still a ways to go.

But also everybody has their top 10 apps that they would need or at least use. The to 10 you mentioned I dont have or would not use.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
The WP app for Spotify has much less functionality than the iOS and Android versions. I suspect the same is true for most apps that are technically not missing. And then we have of course the fact that if even ONE major app is missing that is a big problem for many (not to mention tons of smaller and newer apps). The issue of third party apps not being "future proof" is another problem.

The app gap is real and serious for many, and still an obstacle to mass adoption.

anon(9057135)

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Most of the apps? More like barely any of the apps. If you used Android for a Day, you could find an app for anything.
Posted Via Tapatalk for Windows Phone.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Yes, we are greatly lacking with apps. Its not a knock, its a concern. We can't get a decent Facebook app and its made by Microsoft! How hard is it to allow post editing, sharing to a single person and for those of us with a page, sharing to the page from our personal account. All these features are and have been available on the other platforms. Yes, there's fb pages manager for WP, still can't share from a personal feed to the page. ESPN raido is a joke, Spotify is lacking, instagram... Nuff said, etrade is garbage, no banking apps hardly, I can go on as we all can. Hoping Windows 10 is the breakthrough point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte