WhatsApp tile grayed out

ca_guri

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Generally it backs up daily. nd keeps the last 5 days bckup. Not sure why it didn't for you..

Mine is also didn't take backup daily, it takes daily backup's before the last week update, but after that update, automatic backup is not working and there is also no option in setting menu about it, I have to manually go to setting to take the backup. I don't know what's wrong with my version...

steno_c

May 29, 2014
Visit site
a few hours ago the tile became active again by itself, so no reinstall was needed.

(btw, the support did not answer my mail.)

Jags7

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Yes I am also having the same issues. Live tile disabled, cannot open Whatsapp App through the list, also WhatsApp on Market Store does not have have View button visible. Frustrating. Don't want to uninstall as I will loose all my data. Unfortunately have to wait for a possible solution. Whatapp support is useless as no reply to any of the emails yet.

What a shame for Windows App store which is already not good enough compared to iPhone and Android apps and now things like these just let every windows phone user down... at least will try my best not to buy a Windows phone again in future.

Robert Gronegger

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
hi guys,

i just had the same problem - also i could not start the app from the app list.

after i manually startet a windows phone back up the problem was resolved. unfortunately i dont know, if it was just a coincidence.

so let me know, if this hint works out for others, too.

yours, robert

BarryBatsbak

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I GOT THE ANSWER!

I've just made an account just to tell you guys! I was puzzled by the same problem, but I figured it out!

Go to your photo album and try to share a random photo via Whatsapp.
Now the app "Whatsapp" is being openend from this perspective.
First I saw a black screen with the word "Whatsapp" in the upper left corner, but then it said in the middle of the screen and using the Windows Phone dots which move from left to right: "Recovering".
I've tried this once and I had hope, but then nothing happend. So I tried it a second time and it worked(!), the app opened and all my messages that I did not recieve in the past 24 hours, due to this weird problem you all describe, are all there and marked as unread!
Plus the tile has it's normal colour again!

C'mon!

Greetings from a Windows Phone enthusiast from the Netherlands!

Alright, I have to admit, there are a few things that could be worth noticing!

1. My chats are in the right order, but the dates are incorrect for some of them. Some people who have contected me, lets say, three days ago, are listed as a date in october. But when you open the chat, the dates and times are correct. I already found out this can be fixed by just talking to those people so they move up in your list and the date will automatic adjust to the time you just send a message!
2. I have found out that I used Whatsapp exactly one year on the day my tile went grey (7th of november)! But now, when I go to my account, it says I can use Whatsapp until 7th november 2015! Some of you suggested that it had nothing to do with the date when u used Whatsapp exactly one year, but I am pretty sure I used it for the first time in November 2013, coincidence?
3. The final thing I've noticed is that when I open Whatsapp, I do not see the green Whatsapp background anymore for a short while. Is that common after the last update or do I now have an unstable Whatsapp application? If so, the solution is to archive all my chats (which I didn't lose) and reinstall the app. When I do, I will report back!

Last edited:

CarR9

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I suffer the same issue this afternoon.... but I can solve it. Reinstalling app through the windows phone web... I have my Lumia synchronize with my Nokia account, I have to activate the location in my L920 and the first option in "Find my phone" settings. After, I can reinstall the app using the market of the windows phone web using my pc, if the store gives you an error (WP8 Error 8103010d), uninstall whatsapp without cancel the existing download.

Sorry for my english, I've a little forgotten.

BarryBatsbak

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I suffer the same issue this afternoon.... but I can solve it. Reinstalling app through the windows phone web... I have my Lumia synchronize with my Nokia account, I have to activate the location in my L920 and the first option in "Find my phone" settings. After, I can reinstall the app using the market of the windows phone web using my pc, if the store gives you an error (WP8 Error 8103010d), uninstall whatsapp without cancel the existing download.

Sorry for my english, I've a little forgotten.

So, what you are trying to say is that you started the download from the web to your phone. In the meanwhile you uninstalled whatsapp in the hopes of your new download would fix the problem? So actually you unistalled via your phone and then reinstalled the app via web?

CarR9

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
So, what you are trying to say is that you started the download from the web to your phone. In the meanwhile you uninstalled whatsapp in the hopes of your new download would fix the problem? So actually you unistalled via your phone and then reinstalled the app via web?

Yes, I tried to reinstall app via web connecting with phone, the download appeared in my phone store following the instruccions that I said before (activate location and the first option in Find my phone), but gave me the error 8103010d, so I went to app list and uninstall whatsapp, after that I can reinstall the app.

nanowareWP

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here.. waiting till it resolves itself. I think I'm one of those people that Whatsapp make test on very early as I received the "seen blue checks" feature a week before my friends and wondered what was it :eck:

[update]
After 4 hours of nothing it got back to normal.

Last edited:

Mattway

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. Whatsapp became greyed out and unavailable about 20 min ago... No messages asking to renew or whatever...

MiKs92

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
The same problem happened to me. The tile greys out because there is an app backup going on the background (The backup option found in the settings of the phone and NOT of whatsapp). You just gotta be patient for it to finish backing up( and im guessing that depends on your WiFi/2G/3G/4G speed?).

Hope this helped.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Damn I was so scared. My WhatsApp also grayed out for about 8min and as I was typing here how to resolve issue (I read all comments) it worked again, I received message:)

Mrc Jkb

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
The same problem happened to me. The tile greys out because there is an app backup going on the background (The backup option found in the settings of the phone and NOT of whatsapp). You just gotta be patient for it to finish backing up( and im guessing that depends on your WiFi/2G/3G/4G speed?).

Hope this helped.

Mine wasn't working all night for over 8 hours. In the morning I checked, there was no backup going on. But, I clicked "backup now" in my phones apps backup settings and after about a minute it worked again. I don't know if that was the reason it started working again...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs