Looking for a file manager with SMB support (better then ShareFolder Explorer)

Tellus82

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking for a file explorer with samba share support, the only one i have found so far is ShareFolder Explorer, while it works great it has a massive flaw, if you want to copy a folder you need to select "all" to get it checked and if the parent folder contains ALOT of subfolders this will drive you insane since you then need to unselect all but the one you originally wanted to select... And the odd thing is you cannot select single items by a longpress, that menu only contains option to delete or rename...

In short, is there a file manager that has the same support for network shares as ShareFolder Explorer but with a working Ui and navigation?

Tellus82

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Try metro file manager?seems one of the better file managers in the store

Good tip, but as far as i can see testing it out it lacks SMB support (neither client nor server), it does have FTP though but I'd prefer SMB to not have to open up ftp client on either end.

monto2k2

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Metro File Manager has the best SMB implementation across all platforms (Windows, Android, IOS). Look at how fast it can generate thumbnails over SMB compared to ES or others.

A Khayyati

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
Thank you. Metro file manager is doing exactly what i need to be done by a file manager. SMB and share files browsing is working good and fast

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Metro file manager, share folder Explorer, and Yuki Explorer are the only ones that I've found that support smb.
This is for Windows Phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon