Snapchat team is blocking who uses third-party app

Maxxie8

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, I've just receive this mail from snapchat:

Hi lowbounce,

We've noticed that you're using a third-party application to access Snapchat, putting yourself (and possibly your friends) at risk. Please change your password and stop using third-party applications when you access Snapchat.

For more information, or to change your password, please visit:
snapchat.com/locked

Thanks,
Team Snapchat

I'm using 6snap and they might block my account for good but that's kind of annoying because on windows phone we don't have an official snapchat app. I hope that they'll annouce an app ASAP or, at least, that they'll not block me or everyone using 6snap. I'll try to change my password and see what's happend.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
After the recent leak from a 3rd party app cant really blame them.

True, and for most platforms (iOS and Android) Snapchat has official apps. I don't understand why it took them two years to a) decide that they won't develop a WP app and b) NOT buy Rudy's app (fully developed, stable and functional) off him, make it more official and then rename it Snapchat and put it on the Store. Or, c) why didn't they hire him?!!! It took one man one month to develop a fully functioning snapchat client with MORE features than the official apps. Surely, it doesn't take too long to put some effort into an official app if they're pulling the rug out from third-party clients.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Time to put some pressure on snapchat team to develop an official Snapchat app or leave us on WP using 6 snap. I'm waiting for mail to show up.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
we deffo need to start campaigning!! not fair that we dont get one and rest do
Isn't that like going to McDonald's and then complaining that you can't get a rib eye steak?

Sent from whatever device I happen to be using today using Tapatalk

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, I've just receive this mail from snapchat:

I'm using 6snap and they might block my account for good but that's kind of annoying because on windows phone we don't have an official snapchat app. I hope that they'll annouce an app ASAP or, at least, that they'll not block me or everyone using 6snap. I'll try to change my password and see what's happend.

What Team Snapchat should really come out and say to the WP users is " STOP USING WPs". That's exactly what they're saying right now and to that I say FU/FO, DROP DEAD, GET A LIFE, WP IS THE BEST, CREATE AN APP WORTHY OF WP!!!!

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
What Team Snapchat should really come out and say to the WP users is " STOP USING WPs". That's exactly what they're saying right now and to that I say FU/FO, DROP DEAD, GET A LIFE, WP IS THE BEST, CREATE AN APP WORTHY OF WP!!!!
Snapchat might actually agree with you that WP is the best. They are looking at users though.

I still find it hard to believe how users here buy a phone they know is neglected by developers, and then complain about lack of support. Maybe another one-liner is in order:

Would you move to Minnesota and then complain that it's not fair how your friend who moved to Phoenix enjoys balmy winters?

jamvng

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Snapchat might actually agree with you that WP is the best. They are looking at users though.

I still find it hard to believe how users here buy a phone they know is neglected by developers, and then complain about lack of support. Maybe another one-liner is in order:

Would you move to Minnesota and then complain that it's not fair how your friend who moved to Phoenix enjoys balmy winters?

I have a windows phone because i love the OS and don't need that many apps. I have all the main apps i use often. I don't use snapchat often but I still want to voice my support and help convince devs to support the platform more.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a windows phone because i love the OS and don't need that many apps. I have all the main apps i use often. I don't use snapchat often but I still want to voice my support and help convince devs to support the platform more.
Yes I know. And I see your point. But like most things in life, it comes with compromises. You choose WP knowing full well that you won't get the developer support you'd like. It's still your choice.

There is nothing unfair about it. Snapchat is a private business that can support or not support whoever they please. They don't owe anybody anything. I doubt they have a vested interest in blocking users, so there must be a valid reason for doing what they're doing with 3rd party apps. Security maybe?

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
The response to 80% of the posts here is: Then stop using SnapChat. Its not a right as an american to use it. They dont have an official WP app, screw them then. SnapChat will be gone by the end of 2015 anyway. Its not the next twitter...

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Yes I know. And I see your point. But like most things in life, it comes with compromises. You choose WP knowing full well that you won't get the developer support you'd like. It's still your choice.

There is nothing unfair about it. Snapchat is a private business that can support or not support whoever they please. They don't owe anybody anything. I doubt they have a vested interest in blocking users, so there must be a valid reason for doing what they're doing with 3rd party apps. Security maybe?

I bought WP way before I knew about snapchat. I started using snapchat about a month ago but I'm using it hard since than. It's not my fault that they don't have an app for WP.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3