App for Music Subscription Service? (Now Departing Xbox Music)

dabretty

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I am just curious, what do you recommend for a (paid) music subscription service? I am severely out-of-date with this, as I am now terminating a 8-year relationship with Zune/Xbox Music.

My needs are:

(1) Downloadable/offline *subscription* content (not just purchased songs, but also ones "rented" or whatever from our subscription).

(2) Available on both the Windows Phone platform (mine) and Android (hers), as two different devices under the same plan.

(3) Preferably the corresponding apps are well integrated/supported on their respective platforms. Meaning, for example, the ability to use the WP8 volume button (while screen locked) to expose the options to pause or go forward/back a track.

Unfortunately Zune/Xbox Music won't work for me, ending an 8-year run that started with those old Zune bricks (first gen). It ended today when I noticed that my previously-available "song credits" (10 per month) were no longer there, and MS support told me that it's because my credit card on file had changed for my recent annual renewal, unknowingly putting me into the "new" Xbox Music plan (which has no song credits). It's a shame because that loyalty to Zune/Xbox Music is what initially lured me into buying my Windows Phone (Lumia 925), which I'm very happy with overall.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm happy with Rhapsody $9.99 a month.

T-Mobile doesn't hit me with data use for streaming.
One license good for 3 devices.
Good music catalogue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills