American airlines app - end of life december 15th 2014

mmc-dsm

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
I wrote to American airlines to signify my disappointment about the app being no longer published.

I got an answer telling me there was not enough people using it.

They also told me that for people who already have the app installed, the app will no longer work on december 15th 2014.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
the problem is their definition of "enough people" is unrealistic.

If I am a ticket holding customer, that's enough people.

The thing is, the app is built, the app works, and there is no reason to vindictively pull it from the Store. They don't have to pay anything to keep it listed.

Microsoft should have intervened here. When a high profile app like this leaves, it is nothing but bad PR.

And I'm sure AA would say that your definition of "enough people" is unrealistic. Unfortunately, AA is in the driver's seat here. No matter what we think is realistic, they will do what they will do.

I do kind of agree with you about pulling the app from the store. Maybe there's some liability that goes along with a published app that wasn't worth it to them. Maybe there's still some maintenance on the back end. Maybe... who knows? Either way, obviously AA didn't feel it was worth it.

KeegdnaB42

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Since the merger, US Airways' notoriously penny pinching CEO is running the show and I can't help but imagine he had something to do with this

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism