VLC beta - first impressions

maggotbeer

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
At the moment it misses one kind of important thing : sound!

It's a beautiful app and it fully takes advantage of the 1520's big screen, it has the potential to be the best music/video player in Windows Phone by far!

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Noticed 2 bugs so far:

1. No sound!!

2. Intermittent crash while loading or playing videos.

Have raised tickets/case for the same too. Hopefully they resolve it with next update.

Nam Long

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
well . the UI is amazing. stunning but there is one important thing which keeps me from using the app frequently ( thus leading to less bugs report ) : sound .
Don't get me wrong , i can bear the lag ( using 520 ) but a media player with no sound ??? Come on , fix this first.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Because that's what VLC does... Even after all this time, the Windows version still has the same irritating bugs as it ever has....

That appears more of a last minute mess/rush as the sneak peak shown by Thomas Nigro before Beta release had sound for the video or audio playback. So, lets wait for the next update and they hopefully get it resolved ina day or two.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I think people would have reported the most glaringly obvious one already :p and first thoughts?
If I wanted a photo snapshot of a running video, i'd take a screenshot not use vlc :p.
Apart from that, the layout seems okay however could use some tweaks here and there.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I love the UI. But I need to know what I Sidebar? I can't find out what it does

I literally just figured out what it does. When you enable it, go to an album or song or something, then click the hamburger menu on the top left. I guess it's for giving you quick access to the music or video categories.

lum5

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Beta users if u share the features present now it will be great for non beta users like me...
I want to know something
Will all quality videos can be played ? Subtitles option available ? Slow playing option ? Advanced options seen in PC version like rotate, colour, brightness, zooming etc... And the last which all files playable....

Waiting for ur reply 🙇🙇

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Beta users if u share the features present now it will be great for non beta users like me...
I want to know something
Will all quality videos can be played ? Subtitles option available ? Slow playing option ? Advanced options seen in PC version like rotate, colour, brightness, zooming etc... And the last which all files playable....

Waiting for ur reply 🙇🙇

I can confirm that 480p, 720p, and 1080p all work.... Well except for the audio :p. The only playback option I see are for speed (e.g. .5x, 1x, 2x). So far, I've tested .mp3, .m4v, .mkv, .wmv, and .mp4, and they all work... Well, I don't know if you can consider an .mp3 that doesn't play audio as "working", but you get the idea.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
For those curious how basic this app is, in the settings, you have two options: You've got "user interface" which only contains the option to toggle the side bar, and "music settings" which says "coming soon", so.... Yeah

lum5

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I can confirm that 480p, 720p, and 1080p all work.... Well except for the audio :p. The only playback option I see are for speed (e.g. .5x, 1x, 2x). So far, I've tested .mp3, .m4v, .mkv, .wmv, and .mp4, and they all work... Well, I don't know if you can consider an .mp3 that doesn't play audio as "working", but you get the idea.

Thank you 😊

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
So far, what I gather about VLC on WP is the UI is gorgeous but sound doesn't exist. I'm happy to hear the UI makes the grade but does everyone have a similar problem with there being no sound? Maybe they are looking for our First Impressions before enabling sound?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss