Streaming to a TV from Windows Tablet

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I want to move completely to Windows and away from the Nexus tablet I currently have. I use a tablet for internet access, email, reading etc all of which are covered by something like the HP Stream.

My problem is with streaming Netflix to the TV. I need to be able to do this from my tablet. I've considered getting an Xbox for Netflix but it seems like a waste as I'm not into games.

My current set up is a Nexus 7 and Chromecast which streams perfectly. Is there any way to replicate this with a Windows tablet?

Help and advice would be appreciated.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if PlayTo (read: Miracast) will work with a chromecast, but if it did, you would swipe from the right while you're playing a video, go to devices, play, then select the Chromecast.

Alternatively, you could try to find a Miracast receiver if the chromecast doesn't work.

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Your best bet might be to get a cheap Roku box. I have one and it's an excellent little device for streaming anything including Netflix. And I also highly recommend the Plex channel which you can use with your tablet, WP, and a Roku!

dsimages

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
I suggest the roku as well.
My entire house runs solely off of plex, Netflix and Hulu. Mostly plex though.
I can stream anything from my 1520 to any tv but don't really need to because of rokus functionality and Xbox one.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I currently use the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter and Miracast on my Surface to stream movies and TV shows to my television! Works very very well!

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I currently use the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter and Miracast on my Surface to stream movies and TV shows to my television! Works very very well!

I see from your profile you also have a Surface 2? I just got one recently and was reading up on Miracast support. I've been trying to confirm if the newer Roku 3 will support the Surface 2. I currently have an older Roku box but might upgrade to the Roku 3 if it will work with my S2.

Introducing Roku Screen Mirroring Beta for Microsoft? Windows and Android? Devices | The Official Roku Blog

Edit: just found this and it looks like Roku does support the Surface 2: :smile:
Roku screen mirroring - compatible devices : Featured Question

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss