Why am I getting an error code when I try to use Netflix 4.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vme Philippe

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, I've just contact Netflix by chat because I have the same issue on my Nokia Lumia 735 since 2 weeks.
They propose to me to have a free month or to refund me for 1 month.
I've accepted 1 free month.
I think that the problem is on Microsoft side. But it's unacceptable that they provide an app that don't work ! Why don't they change the app by the preview one ?
Maybe if everybody ask for a refund or a free month, they will found a solution soon :winktongue:

Senordingdong2K

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Netflix 4.0 and the Q8156 Error Code

No update on a fix for this? Would have thought that with the amount of customers affected they would be in more of a hurry to fix it.

Jason Gilbert

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

My guess (hope) is that it will be fixed when we get updated to the same denim as everyone else. I think our "early" version of denim on the 830 has something in it that doesn't play nicely with the DRM controls in the new Netflix app. But that is a completely uneducated guess.

zachery swindle

May 22, 2015
Visit site
I just got a 830 out of the box and downloaded the Netflix and its the same. still not working.
Not only does the windows Phones have the App Gap it people don't care to fix the apps we have.

Hal Diggs

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Q8156-887A0004 still around. It's now the end of May. I haven't seen or heard anyone figuring this out... I've heard certain releases can work but I don't seem to have a way to get the updates.

I think this is a very early denim build because its from Oct 2014. Not sure how to get updates that don't come down naturally.

Nizan Horsefield

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
I have a new 640 and Netflix didn't work at first, but this was with the phone being updated from my app back up. I deleted the Netflix app, restarted, re-installed and all working fine now.

Lexi Link1

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site

The windows 10 update comes out tomorrow, July 29, 2015. I talked to someone in the AT&T store and they said this update should help with the problem, just so you all know. But of it doesn't fix it then I don't know what to say other than quit boohooing and use another device or get a different phone. Obviously there is just a software compatibility issue and getting angry won't help.

poken1151

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
That update was for Windows 10 on the Desktop. That had nothing to do with the phone, and it seems as per the usual, the store rep knew nothing about the device or the services coming...

Datamisc

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site

Just make sure you have Netflix installed in the main memory and not in the SD Card and your problem will be solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720