Conversation between me and Evan Spiegel, CEO of Snapchat

Ryan ODonnell

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I sent a request to Snapchat to unlock my permanently banned account, with no luck.
I have been sending emails back and forth, successful communicating with the CEO of Snapchat, Evan Spiegel, via email.

My original email sent first was if I could get my account unlocked. He sent an email back to my address regarding the support ticket, and below is the email sent.

"Hi Ryan,

Your support ticket on 12/16 shows your phone as "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows Phone 8.1; ARM; Trident/7.0; Touch; rv:11.0; IEMobile/11.0; NOKIA; Lumia 630) like Gecko".
We locked your account four times on 11/20, 11/28, 12/8, and 12/16 due to continued use of third party apps.

I'm sorry you had trouble contacting support. We're working on making that easier and faster.

Evan"

I sent an email back, stating this:

"Thank you for your reply regarding this situation.

Also, would it be possible that you guys are making a Windows Phone app? We tried voting on the "incompatible device" page, but most think it doesn't work.

I kindly would love you to read the following posts, which show the frustration against WP users using Snapchat (or otherwise 6snap on the Windows Phone platform) and also, the hashtag on Twitter, #snapchatonwindowsphone.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8-1/330168-please-go-sign-snapchat-petition.html

Fed up!! Make yourselves heard! (Snapchat) - Windows Central Forums

Obviously, I respect Snapchat's decision to block third party applications, but even as a Windows Phone user myself, I have experienced this frustration unfortunately and made a temporary switch to Android, therefore finding out about the permanent lock on my account.
Especially for us WP users, over the holiday season, we communicate with our family members via Snapchat as they don't have Skype or other services such as Snapchat.

I look forward to any replies you may have."

I am now awaiting a second reply, hopefully with some luck!

Last edited:

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Well it sounds like a one off reply that super busy suit types give. It's a good thing that he chose to reply obviously knowing you are a Windows Phone user. However just as I stated; it seemed like a one time thing, the possibility of getting a second reply is slim to none. If anything he will probably give you a "we are looking into it and our support team will get back with you" type of response only to never actually send a reply.

KarmaEcrivain94

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
You can't be nice and polite with these people. We've seen how that works (or NOT). I've been basically spamming them wherever I could. All their support pages, their job announcements, on Twitter, etc... I don't care if they don't release a WP App by now. I'm used to not having it anymore (Although it would still be nice). I just want them to realize how much of an *** they have been.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro