Just released our first app, and Windows Phone is leading in downloads

TheNerosam

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Merry Christmas folks!

Yeah as the title says, we released our first app on Android, iOS and WIndows Phone and we are getting the most downloads on Windows Phone by about 25% ahead of Android. Thought I would share this with you guys since the common mindset is that most people are on iOS and Android. Anyone else getting similar figures as I am?

List em out here and perhaps this can serve as a wake up call for tech giants/corporations for not getting their apps out on this (clearly increasingly popular) platform.

The app is called "Charlie Sloth Soundboard". Check it out when you can.

I cant post links since i'm still new to forums, just 1 post.

Gautam Kabiraj

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Merry Christmas!

That's a really great news. Will surely check out the app ASAP!

Obvious mindset of people that, most of the people are on iOS and Android is actually a fact, but how it's beneficial for developers is a whole different story! ;)
I mean, one can easily find cracked apps for Android which were originally meant to be paid. In case of iOS (which not everyone can afford one), so despite being an app-rich platform developers get a limited share from most of the markets (under-developed/developing markets). This is where WP wins!

Hoping you'll enjoy Windows Central as much as we do here!

Thanks.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Merry Christmas folks!

Yeah as the title says, we released our first app on Android, iOS and WIndows Phone and we are getting the most downloads on Windows Phone by about 25% ahead of Android. Thought I would share this with you guys since the common mindset is that most people are on iOS and Android. Anyone else getting similar figures as I am?

List em out here and perhaps this can serve as a wake up call for tech giants/corporations for not getting their apps out on this (clearly increasingly popular) platform.

The app is called "Charlie Sloth Soundboard". Check it out when you can.

I cant post links since i'm still new to forums, just 1 post.

Merry Christmas! Here is the app link for anyone wanting to try it :)

http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=d4822ee2-a1f0-4b47-a04d-f0aa02176fe2

TheNerosam

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
After the (popular) guy himself instagramed it, the numbers jumped considerably on other platforms. I guess it just needed a bit of exposure to drastically fluctuate numbers :amaze:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077