How many apps do you actually buy in a year?

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

There are a lot of try before you buy - how many do you actually buy because you find them useful? Or have you?

Thanks,

Mr. V

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I typically wait for apps to go on sale. Almost everything I've purchased has gone on sale at some point, and many paid apps were even free during special promotions.

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I don't count apps, but I'm trying to stay in budget of about 5?/month. It's amount that I don't mind spending. If I can, I wait for app to go on sale.

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Yup, I pay for that I like because I HATE ads and would rather pay to get rid of them (plus help the developer of course!)

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I also always buy the app to get rid of ads, sometimes I buy even though I'm not sure will I keep using it.

I have probably bought around 200 apps to date.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
How many apps do you actually buy in a year?

Great question for discussion!

I slowed to zero with buying after realizing I just don't use much more than the native apps.
This is just me and not any reflection on the hard working developers.

My main costs are add-on mobile media services like Rhapsody, NETFLIX, data etc.
"pocketbook ouch"

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
The only app I bought since Lumia 710s age is Grapher Calculator. Helped me alot during Algebra (Pre/Calculus) classes in college. I have few others that became free for few days and just grabbed them, never used them though :)

Oh yeah and WhatsApp..paid twice $0.99 for it

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I'll buy an app if I have a need for it. I'm not an "app hound". Even when I used Android I didn't load up on apps. I go purely on a as needed basis. I like the "try before you buy" option and will use it if it's available. I probably have about five or six apps I purchased and used for awhile but have uninstalled. At $.99 (for the most part) per app, I'm not too worried about it. I don't mind paying for an app if it works well and I have a use for it.

EBUK

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I've not bought one for myself, but I have bought for my son.

If I came across an app that changed my life in some meaningful way, I would buy it. But so far there has been no 'must have' app. Maybe 2015 will produce something.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Can't really count the number of apps but if it is important for me and it'll be an app I'd be using daily, I'd buy it. Won't matter which platform since I have also a non wp unit. Definitely no pirated apps on my gadgets. A simple beer/ice cream to assist any developer is good

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The only app I bought since Lumia 710s age is Grapher Calculator. Helped me alot during Algebra (Pre/Calculus) classes in college. I have few others that became free for few days and just grabbed them, never used them though :)

Oh yeah and WhatsApp..paid twice $0.99 for it
That's a great app! I bought it too.

kino_tic

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Nothing seems so unworthy than buying an app... If you were patient enough to get your driving license and a good beer, I guess you can wait it to be 0$.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Only apps that may help my self get more productive :) in my area of expertise. Like camera and editing apps. Maybe a game or two if it's good to kill boring times when needed. :)

ShocWave

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I bought dozens of apps on WP7/8 but I haven't bought any for the past year.
Why? I'm starting to lose faith in Windows Phone and taking a wait and see approach before investing more money into ecosystem.
I'm sure many are starting to feel the same way.

Andre-Omari John

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure I've bought somewhere between 3 and 5 this year. Only as necessary, tweetium for instance, the pro version of AED a game or two that I really wanted. I'll never spend more than a fiver on an app though, that's my limit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon