System info live tile?

tortex73

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I bought my very first Windows phone handset today (Lumia 830) and I am trying to find apps that are equivalent to ones that I use on Android and iOS. Is there an app out there that has a live tile that displays system info? I want one that displays things like battery life, remaining storage, free RAM, etc... I did find one that displays battery info, but I am looking for something more comprehensive than that. Is there anything like this out there? Thanks.

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Storage sense already displays storage info in live tile while battery sense displays live battery status(I.e with the recent update 2). I don't think there's an app showing free ram but if u want comprehensive system details then the "Insider Pro" is the best app out there.

Nam Long

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
the 3 existing apps on WP8.1 cover some aspects you may find helpful :
- Battery Saver : display remaining percentage in real time in small and medium size
- Data Sense : display remaining data in your paid plan ( internet usage ) in medium size. You could set your limit and reset time ( 1GB reset monthly on 5th for example )
- Storage Sense : display remaining space in your internal and external storage in Medium size .
I personally put 3 of them in 1 live folder ( medium size ) which will still show infos and can be quickly expanded with 1 tap. Hope this helps.

tortex73

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Storage sense already displays storage info in live tile while battery sense displays live battery status(I.e with the recent update 2). I don't think there's an app showing free ram but if u want comprehensive system details then the "Insider Pro" is the best app out there.

the 3 existing apps on WP8.1 cover some aspects you may find helpful :
- Battery Saver : display remaining percentage in real time in small and medium size
- Data Sense : display remaining data in your paid plan ( internet usage ) in medium size. You could set your limit and reset time ( 1GB reset monthly on 5th for example )
- Storage Sense : display remaining space in your internal and external storage in Medium size .
I personally put 3 of them in 1 live folder ( medium size ) which will still show infos and can be quickly expanded with 1 tap. Hope this helps.

I was unaware of the 3 built in apps, so thank you both for the heads up on those. Insider Pro looks awesome, it's definitely something that I was looking for. I still would like a tile that shows free RAM, though I can certainly make due with these for now. Thanks again.

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Glad I could help :) And ram handling in WP is a rather complex thing. You cannot manually clear up ram anyway and unlike android u can permanently disable background tasks from with in battery sense so ram never seems to be an issue on WP.

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
> tortex73

The app 'Hardware Tests' provides a ton of info with many shortcut tiles available. One called 'Device' provides the available RAM info you have asked about. It doesn't seem to provide info over the Live Tile, but a shortcut to 'Device' can be pinned to the wp8 start screen. So the RAM info would be available in one click ... along with batt/storage info. Another option for you.

Hardware Tests
Hardware Tests | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

tortex73

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Glad I could help :) And ram handling in WP is a rather complex thing. You cannot manually clear up ram anyway and unlike android u can permanently disable background tasks from with in battery sense so ram never seems to be an issue on WP.

I'm not one of those people who always clears their RAM, in fact I never do. I'm just a total nerd and like seeing what's going on with my devices. I'm looking in battery saver but I think I'm missing how to permanently disable background tasks. Is it a global setting or is it on a per app basis?

And thanks again for the tip on Insider Pro, it's awesome!

tortex73

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
> tortex73

The app 'Hardware Tests' provides a ton of info with many shortcut tiles available. One called 'Device' provides the available RAM info you have asked about. It doesn't seem to provide info over the Live Tile, but a shortcut to 'Device' can be pinned to the wp8 start screen. So the RAM info would be available in one click ... along with batt/storage info. Another option for you.

Hardware Tests
Hardware Tests | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Cool, I'll check them out. I see from your sig that you have a Venue 8 Pro... do you still have it? Lately I've been having problems with mine- among other things, it doesn't seem to ever sleep. I can go to bed with a fully charged battery and it'll be completely dead in the morning. I have no clue what's going on but it's driving me crazy and Dell's tech support is useless. Do you have any problems with yours?

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm not one of those people who always clears their RAM, in fact I never do. I'm just a total nerd and like seeing what's going on with my devices. I'm looking in battery saver but I think I'm missing how to permanently disable background tasks. Is it a global setting or is it on a per app basis?

And thanks again for the tip on Insider Pro, it's awesome!

Just go to battery saver and sort by the option "apps that can run in background", then select the app and u will see the option"allow app to run in background" with a toggle below.

tortex73

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Just go to battery saver and sort by the option "apps that can run in background", then select the app and u will see the option"allow app to run in background" with a toggle below.

Cool, got it figured out now. Thanks for all your help bud!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills