Starbucks on WP

lizziej

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Has Starbucks started actively blocking unofficial apps on WP? I was using Buckstar and it hasn't worked in over a week. I tried switching to SBUX instead and it wont recognize my card details. I've double and triple checked everything us right, but it doesn't make a difference.

Anyone else? Any other apps that work?

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
The white background is new for me too; in my opinion, the main app looks far nicer than it did before. (Though I'll continue to barely use the app itself and instead use its Wallet integration).

Last edited:

Chef316

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I've been in contact with the developer of Buckstar and the update fixed the issue. I uninstalled it to get a fresh reinstall and now I can't install it again because it says it's not available for my device. I contacted the dev again this morning but he has not replied yet. He is usually quite prompt about replying.

lizziej

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
The developer got in contact with me regarding this. A change was made on starbuck's end which crippled the app. An update fixed everything, and brought a new look too :)

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Anyone's Buckstar app crashing right now?

​Not on my main phone on 8.1.

My 635 on the Windows 10 Preview crashes when trying to use Wallet functionality, which makes me think that Microsoft must have changed something there again, but definitely not having any problems on 8.1 with my 1020.

ianberg

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I've used Starbux Card by Denham Solutions for over a year on my Lumia. Card codes from the phone app are readable in Starbucks stores and the balance on my account synchs accurately and quickly. Its a free app.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Tapatalk

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Starbux was previously working but I noticed it wasn't updating my rewards properly. It does update the currency amount in my account.

So I uninstalled the app and thought to reinstall it. But now Starbux is no longer in the marketplace.

So I'll give Buckstar a try.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Okay, tried out Buckstar. Overall, it's better than Starbux. However, I wish it showed the QR code like Starbux. Starbux shows the QR code much bigger. But more importantly, you can show the QR code in landscape or portrait mode. Buckstar only shows it in portrait mode. This is important because I have an Icon which is pretty long. Some of the Starbucks I go to have the scanner situated in such a way that it's awkward to try to get the phone under the scanner. So I ended up using landscape mode to easily fit under the scanner.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb