Xbox Music instantly crashes

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
Just got my new ATT M8 set up. Updated all apps including the Music app.

It wont open. Crashes instantaneously when I try to open it. Of course there is no way to uninstall /reinstall it.

So I guess the solution here is a ridiculous hard reset??

F3rzz

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
try changing the date of your phone to 2150 or more, open the music App, it will ask you to uninstall it. change the date back to the correct one and install the music App.

it may or may not work, basically because Music App is the worst App ever.

MikeLuna

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. Tried changing the date to no avail. I might use another app, which one would you suggest DMC?

The bad thing is that knowing that somehting is not working will bug me for ages. But I don't want to hard reset again. I did it twice in two days!

DriessenbeeR

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue. I have tried the following:
  • Hard reset with restoring backup
  • Hard reset without restoring backup
  • Deleting complete library in XBOX Music app (Windows 10)
Everything with the same result: it still does not work :-(

Looks like Microsoft build themselves a bug which prevents the app from starting. Hopefully a fix is coming soon.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Modern Music is the app I've used for music playing. It does things like not crash all time, plays music, displays correct album art, reads tags correctly, doesn't create/ignore/delete duplicated playlists etc. All the things you'd expect of the built-in app really.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Well I used almost every player I find ir on store.
Right now I am using
Music Hub Tile(Wp8 player)
Onemusic
LOCO
Quick play.

For fast& fluidity(very fast startup or fastest compare to any other WP music player) I prefer music hub and for UI I like Onemusic.

I change music player app every week.

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
How about trying like hundreds of other awesome music player apps
Because I have a year pass to Xbox Music.

I managed to fix it. Backed up phone to OneDrive, hard reset, once it was back up, restored. First thing I did was open the Music app before it updated. Worked. After the app itself updated, it opens and works fine.

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 720 and 735, both music apps updated, the 720 opens the music app but crashes if I try to select any of the menu options like, genre, songs, albums... The 735 just instantly crashes the app, are the French still in charge of the music app development?? Why don't Ms give it too a developer that already has a working music app

Shawn Dorward

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
My 1520 does the same thing. Frustrating. I wonder if it has something to do with the app sync settings? I have a SP3 and Windows desktop... both of those work.

Shawn Dorward

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
New update just installed and Music is working! Not too bad of a turn around. Never should have happened... but still... at least its working
\

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
There was a new release a few hours back (suggesting some sort of panic situation at MS over having released such an appalling app). I don't know why they keep bothering, and really don't understand why people keep trying to use the app.

DriessenbeeR

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
There was a new release a few hours back (suggesting some sort of panic situation at MS over having released such an appalling app). I don't know why they keep bothering, and really don't understand why people keep trying to use the app.

Well, this update solved the issue for me :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills