If you want to leave Chase and Bank of America for dropping apps from windows here are banks and a c

winrayjay99

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Here is a list of banks that still support windows.

Wells Fargo (we already know this)

ally bank (a bank I use)

USAA (they stopped supporting Windowsphone 7. But came back on Windowsphone 8)

First Tech Credit Union (A Credit Union near Microsoft HQ in Washington)

Genfed Financial

BBVA Compass (mentioned by the cuddler)

Any other U.S. Banks on windowsphone just list them.

Last edited:

quantum1990

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Well to be fair banks should support the most diverse populations, anyone and everyone banks, why shouldn't they support all mobile OS's? I'd be pretty ticked if my bank didn't provide an easy and convenient way for me to do my banking (whichever way I did it). I probably wouldn't go as far as to leave my bank over it though, but I can see why people would.

Last edited by a moderator:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Well to be fair banks should support the most diverse populations, anyone and everyone banks, why shouldn't they support all mobile OS's? I'd be pretty ticked if my bank didn't provide an easy and convenient way for me to do my banking (whichever way I did it). I probably wouldn't go as far as to leave my bank over it though, but I can see why people would.

One could say USAA doesn't support a diverse population, since they only do business with military and veterans. There aren't any more veterans in my extended family. They were WW2/Korea vets but died.

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
BBVA Compass is another.

One could say USAA doesn't support a diverse population, since they only allow military and veterans to join. There aren't any more veterans in my extended family. They were WW2/Korea vets but died.

This comment is completely irrelevant. But since you brought it up, you should tip your hat off to USAA as they support an ecosystem that not only has a small market share, but probably provides an extremely small Windows Phone customer base to them being that they only cater to military vets and their family members.

princeegli

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
One could say USAA doesn't support a diverse population, since they only do business with military and veterans. There aren't any more veterans in my extended family. They were WW2/Korea vets but died.

That's not the same thing ,banks can choose who ever they want,were talking about those who are in the group....the bank should offer app to all oses

ReconVirus

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
The BofA website does not work on IE on Windows Phone. So, not only is it not pretty, but it also will NOT get the job done.

Just tried it(out of curiosity) it actually does work on my +925. IMO website does look prettier than the app. But like was mention before there is no way to deposit checks.

Dave Diehl1

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
After a combined 45 years of patronage my wife and I are closing all seven accounts and moving them to, probably, Ally.

We setup our accounts in other parts of the country where BoA had branches but moved to Ohio this summer where they don't. We decided to keep our BoA accounts because we had so much history with them, we liked the web app, the service has been relatively good, and the mobile app allowed us to continue to make deposits -- the only reason we needed a branch.

We're also not changing phones. We're perfectly happy with our Windows phones (we had iPhones and Androids before this plus we're both WinPhone and Surface users), the contract's not up, and there are alternatives.

So, screw BoA. Hello Ally.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a credit card through Chase that I will be paying off and closing in the next month or two, specifically for this reason.

I'm thinking of doing the same, and I didn't even really use the Chase app. It is more of out principle. However, it is the only card I have that works with Softcard and I'm currently not carrying a balance on this particular card. Now what I'd like to know is if Softcard will still function with Windows 10 and also the other thing is Google is in talks to buy Softcard. So either of those 2 factors could make my cancellation decision much easier.

winrayjay99

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
After a combined 45 years of patronage my wife and I are closing all seven accounts and moving them to, probably, Ally.

We setup our accounts in other parts of the country where BoA had branches but moved to Ohio this summer where they don't. We decided to keep our BoA accounts because we had so much history with them, we liked the web app, the service has been relatively good, and the mobile app allowed us to continue to make deposits -- the only reason we needed a branch.

We're also not changing phones. We're perfectly happy with our Windows phones (we had iPhones and Androids before this plus we're both WinPhone and Surface users), the contract's not up, and there are alternatives.

So, screw BoA. Hello Ally.

I did the same thing you are going to do. Except I went from chase to ally. The cool thing about ally is besides using your phone app. You can deposit checks via scanner and the PC website, or mail them to ally. Because of course no branches. Also when you withdrawal from an ATM they list. You can be reimbursed the ATM fees.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism