MSN Apps stuck on 'Restoring data...'

pwrof3

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
I had to factory reset my 1020 and loaded a backup.
Everything restored perfectly except for three MSN apps: News, Weather and Sports. Of course, the three apps I use daily!
They start downloading and installing in the Store, but then get to a point where the text under the loading bar says "Restoring data.." and they don't go any further. I've tried rebooting, deleting, cancelling, etc. with no luck.
Has anyone else run into this?
I am running 8.1 Update (Preview) on my 1020

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I had to factory reset my 1020 and loaded a backup.
Everything restored perfectly except for three MSN apps: News, Weather and Sports. Of course, the three apps I use daily!
They start downloading and installing in the Store, but then get to a point where the text under the loading bar says "Restoring data.." and they don't go any further. I've tried rebooting, deleting, cancelling, etc. with no luck.
Has anyone else run into this?
I am running 8.1 Update (Preview) on my 1020

No, but in some other cases the sms backup, or app and setting backup blocked something.
So if sms backup is set disable it.
And if app and settings backup are enabled switch them off and do a manual back up.
Or play around with these setting.
Not sure if it works but who knows.

pwrof3

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Check if REGION & LOCATION are correct.

Yes, both are correct. Although, I have an unlocked phone that was originally from Mexico, so it is the Latin American variant of the 1020. Maybe that has something to do with it?
But why only these three apps?

pwrof3

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. I tried again, and now at least got News to work, but not Weather and Sports.
Still getting the same error message.

pwrof3

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
I ended up deleting them from my queue and just downloaded them one by one from the Store Search interface and that magically worked.
Hope this helps anyone else in this situation.

CraftThis

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
I have found a solution to the error, it involves the app having some sort of pop up notification that you have to accept, this could be for example- a notification telling you that the app can only be installed on phone memory, Terms and conditions, asking to track you, exc.
-what you are most likely doing is installing it through backup, however as it is installing the last part (accepting pop up) is failed (you clearly are not accepting the terms when loading through backup) , just go the longer route and install through the windows store and you should be good

________
the solution is simply go to the windows phone store and download it there, and be sure to accept the notification whatever it may be, terms and conditions exc.
-I experienced this same problem and solved it simply by doing that above
:hope it helps -cheers XD

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb