Snapchat Feedback

nikholaspappas

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Since Snapchat removed the "Support My Incompatible Device" section, It made sense to me that they want us to send or requests in for our windows phones as Feature Requests. And here is mine

Untitled.png

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Eh the painful truth is that if they wanted to support our platform they would've done so by now...... They put up a form and it was pretty clear that there are enough users on our platform who wanted snapchat, but they decided not to listen -_-

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Problem is, the people behind making decisions at Snapchat are just anti-Microsoft. It doesn't matter if we exceed Apple's market share, they still won't budge because they are anti-Microsoft.

If you want snapchat, you'll either have to change platforms, or talk your friends into using an app that whose makers have better business sense.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Clash of clans dev's stated that WP doesn't have the numbers they want and that out current users would not be enough to form a thriving community.... I call BS on that and any other dev that says this.. Why? Simple; even if we have abysmal numbers, we still have very active users and that's exactly what dev's should be looking for. Users have shown that if the product is good, it will receive its fair share of praise and love, but if the product is ****e compared to other platforms, then we will criticize it.

Users simply want a commitment and if they see that happening, they will reward it.. Our numbers might be small, but there is still money to make (which is what it's ultimately about) and as long as there is money to make, any dev with a decent IQ would be nuts to ignore our platform.. Those that are currently doing it, are simply doing it out of spite, loyalty to another platform or they don't believe WP will ever amount to anything

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Clash of clans dev's stated that WP doesn't have the numbers they want and that out current users would not be enough to form a thriving community.... I call BS on that and any other dev that says this.. Why? Simple; even if we have abysmal numbers, we still have very active users and that's exactly what dev's should be looking for. Users have shown that if the product is good, it will receive its fair share of praise and love, but if the product is ****e compared to other platforms, then we will criticize it.

Users simply want a commitment and if they see that happening, they will reward it.. Our numbers might be small, but there is still money to make (which is what it's ultimately about) and as long as there is money to make, any dev with a decent IQ would be nuts to ignore our platform.. Those that are currently doing it, are simply doing it out of spite, loyalty to another platform or they don't believe WP will ever amount to anything
Look at Blackberry. Just look at them. They had to get android apps. If windows 10 phones fail, we need android apps too. Its so annoying when your friend has an app or game you want but can't use.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Look at Blackberry. Just look at them. They had to get android apps. If windows 10 phones fail, we need android apps too. Its so annoying when your friend has an app or game you want but can't use.

Lol I'm not saying we should get android apps tho

MikeX74

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Problem is, the people behind making decisions at Snapchat are just anti-Microsoft. It doesn't matter if we exceed Apple's market share, they still won't budge because they are anti-Microsoft.

If you want snapchat, you'll either have to change platforms, or talk your friends into using an app that whose makers have better business sense.

Why do you assume that an anti-Microsoft bias is at work? Why does anyone assume that? Why would Snapchat even have an anti-Microsoft bias? Not supporting WP because of its low share makes more sense than it being the result of some sort of bias. Just my take.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Why do you assume that an anti-Microsoft bias is at work? Why does anyone assume that? Why would Snapchat even have an anti-Microsoft bias? Not supporting WP because of its low share makes more sense than it being the result of some sort of bias. Just my take.

smh. Probably because I've been following not just what goes on with that company but many tech companies in great detail. The behavior exhibited by those two kids speaks volumes about it. Microsoft just isn't "cool" enough for them, and that won't change in their eyes even if WP passes iOS in market share. Just research a bit with what happened with Pebble. Same kind of thing here.

MikeX74

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
smh. Probably because I've been following not just what goes on with that company but many tech companies in great detail. The behavior exhibited by those two kids speaks volumes about it. Microsoft just isn't "cool" enough for them, and that won't change in their eyes even if WP passes iOS in market share. Just research a bit with what happened with Pebble. Same kind of thing here.

I think you and a lot of WP users have a sense of entitlement when it comes to things like this. Simply put: no developer has to build apps for WP if they don't want to. No accessory maker has to support WP if they don't want to. What I don't understand is, if these companies won't support WP users, why would WP users want to support them at all? As for the perception that MS is "old" or "out of touch," did that somehow come out of nowhere? Who do you think is responsible for that perception? It wasn't something that was forced upon them by outside influences. It's a perception they cultivated on their own.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I think you and a lot of WP users have a sense of entitlement when it comes to things like this. Simply put: no developer has to build apps for WP if they don't want to. No accessory maker has to support WP if they don't want to. What I don't understand is, if these companies won't support WP users, why would WP users want to support them at all? As for the perception that MS is "old" or "out of touch," did that somehow come out of nowhere? Who do you think is responsible for that perception? It wasn't something that was forced upon them by outside influences. It's a perception they cultivated on their own.
Exactly, just look at blackberry and amazon, their phones don't have Snapchat either. We are not alone.

MikeX74

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Exactly, just look at blackberry and amazon, their phones don't have Snapchat either. We are not alone.

Thank you! If the lack of a Snapchat app or Pebble support were simply the result of some anti-Microsoft bias, wouldn't they be supporting every OS but Windows Phone? The platforms/OS's you named have one important thing in common with WP: low marketshare.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss