MLB At Bat 15

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Spring training is here, and I get game notifications telling me the games are starting, but if I click on them to see the game or listen to the game. I went to the site to see if there was an update and didn't see Windows or Windows phone listed. Before I renewed my subscription ($19.99/yr, which I happily pay to listen to games) I sent them a message to ask about Windows support, and I'm glad I did, because this is the response I got.

Dear MLB.com Mobile User,

Thank you for your inquiry. At Bat is available for supported Apple, Android and Kindle Fire/Fire Phone mobile devices for the 2015 season. At Bat will not be supported on the Windows Phone 8 platform.

If you have any additional questions, please contact Customer Service at 866-800-1275 (US) or 512-434-1542 (International).

Sincerely,
MLB.com Customer Service

WTF MLB. Just when you think the app gap is decreasing the official app for one of the major US sports is no longer supported.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Send them messages / email. One way to do it is through the current app > ... > About > Contact Us.

Explain that you are a fan and what you want. AtBat 2015 app for Windows Phone. It could be a Universal App for all Microsoft devices. Certainly they may try to brush you off, but be persistent in your beliefs. Doing this, contacting them, will do no harm and who knows, may do some good. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Then encourage others, "that care", to do the same.

I did.
Best Wishes

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't care much for MLB, but I do the WP platform. If I were to reach out to them with my desire for continued support, could someone link me to contact info who is in charge of the app? Thanks.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I contacted them through their website the first time Contact Us | MLB.com: Help (i used the MLB.com/Downloads category), and have again sent a request for support through the current app. I will also call the number in their response (posted above) and see if that gets anywhere.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
The app still works, but I can't see any of the games. I only have the news, videos, and more menu options when looking at my team. When in the general app I have news, videos, teams, Season Scores (shows world series score still), and more.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Re : Camaroz2985,
I have never paid for the subscription for the live video or audio stream of the live games, if that is what you are referring to, so I don't know if those functions still work, with a paid subscription, or not.

I do still have live coverage of the preseason games. I get alerts when the games start and when someone scores. I can see the scoreboard as the game progresses... Just turn on your alerts. This functionality only works during a live game.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Tap the alert, itself, at the top of the phone, when it chimes. For me, it opens a screen page with tabs at the top: Live, Box, Plays, Video, Field.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
My 2014 app still works. Used it today to listen to / follow a preseason game. I'm surprised that no one mentions that it is still working.

Last edited:

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
So is it only working if you tap the toast notification to go to the day's game? Because I've got notifications turned off and there's no way of getting to the page for streaming games that I can see.

jockopablo

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Someone decided to take matters into his own hands and made his own app for streaming audio of MLB games. It's called MLB Streamer (LINK). I haven't tried it yet but it looks promising. Would one of you with a current MLB At Bat subscription please try it and let us know how well it works?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb