Can anyone suggest an app for me to create?

Tom Bradburn

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Coders Block

I've set myself the challenge of creating an app in the Summer before I go back to Uni. However I'm having Coders Block/Developers Block (similar to writers block but when developing apps) so I can't think of any ideas for apps, I'll take some suggestions for apps from you guys and once its working I'll publish it to the store so you can give me feedback and improvements. No doubt that the people who help me will get a mention within the app one way or another. Thanks again.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Coders Block

Here is an idea for you, a music app that has casting ability for the phones that don't have official miracast support (similar to TubeCast but just for audio + a stop button) :p. I'm having a similar block myself in terms of music and writing..... so totally can relate to how you feel.

sejgiul

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Something with the functionality of Archos Video Player as on Android. I'm looking for the uPnP/DLNa functionality here in particular and the ability to download cover art and subtitles for tv shows/films :)

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
An outdoorsman app for data aggregation. Lake maps, weather, water temps, river/lake stages, social interaction if desired. Using the GPS for fishing hotspots, or routes through the fog, or unknown waters that can be shared among outdoorsmen would be great. I would think much of this data could be gotten from public sources such as NOAA, Army Corps of Engineers, etc... There are many websites I look at daily to plan a fishing outing, and would be great to have it all in one app. I could list those websites if you choose to go this route.

Many opportunities to continuously build on this style app. Good luck with whatever you choose.

barbaram

May 15, 2013
Visit site
What I would like and would pay a lot for, is historic weather. Like, last year on this date in NYC it was 25 degrees. or it rained 6" yesterday or whatever. I can't find anything like that and I think it would be wonderful and stop a lot of fights

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
What I would like and would pay a lot for, is historic weather. Like, last year on this date in NYC it was 25 degrees. or it rained 6" yesterday or whatever. I can't find anything like that and I think it would be wonderful and stop a lot of fights

What's the use of this type of app?

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I would definitely pay for this.
A dictionary app with lockscreen integration where history of words searched will be shown on lockscreen.
I haven't found any app like this yet.

heli0m

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site

Some app to manage all of my tracking numbers on ):
There is an app like this on Windows 8.1
but it forgets my information a lot of times.

fredd

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site

I've set myself the challenge of creating an app in the Summer before I go back to Uni. However I'm having Coders Block/Developers Block (similar to writers block but when developing apps) so I can't think of any ideas for apps, I'll take some suggestions for apps from you guys and once its working I'll publish it to the store so you can give me feedback and improvements. No doubt that the people who help me will get a mention within the app one way or another. Thanks again.
I vote for the swannview App. This app is for the Swann security systems that are sold in Walmart Lowes Home depot Etc. There is an app now for this security that was made by Meyetech but I emailed them and they said they will no longer offer support for windows. My wifes Iphone and my Daughters Android phone has the app that works perfect. I seen on the reviews that alot of people have this security system but the present app is no good. I cant speak for everyone but I would be willing to pay a little if the app will just work. The present app hasnt been updated since windows 7

sanjeet_deshwal

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site

If Windows 10 allows a developer to use another app's data!
then a Decent APP LOCK styled app to add some security to your phone.
*I hate when other try to open/read someone's conversations*

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Some app to manage all of my tracking numbers on ):
There is an app like this on Windows 8.1
but it forgets my information a lot of times.

Cortana may make such an app obsolete. But we'll have to wait and see.

Tom Bradburn

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks to everyone who's responded with their suggestions. I've made a list of them and will narrow it down before I begin making one of them, I am still accepting suggestions.

Aziz Abdurachman

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
That won't happen! Snapchat people will remove it as they have not released an API for developers to make an app for them. Rudy's app 6snap was removed because of this

Haha, I'm thinking about he making snapchat client but don't tell anyone it is a snapchat client, just pretending it's an another app. Just share the link here. Lol

Tom Bradburn

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I've decided to release a document on this topic, using suggestions from all of you and my own suggestions. I have decided to start development on the second week of May as that will be when I will be on my Summer break. Thanks again for all suggestions and I am still taking in some suggestions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99