Windows Phone Fitness App Suggestion?

Vlatko Stojanovski

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I am sure somewhere in the forums this has been asked and in a way answered. However when searching I got tons of weird results, and I believe this to be faster and in a way more up-to-date for anyone searching for the same.

What I want from the fitness app:

1. Ability to track running and cycling data, primarily.
2. Work without an accessory, but should not limit for things like fitbit and ms band to be used later on, if desired.
3. Has an easily understandable UI and is not too complex to use.
4. Has a free version (not just trial). The ability to upgrade to pro later is not an issue, but it has to be a somewhat workable app even when free.

I have tried Endomondo and Runtastic, but I would like to get as much data before trying anything else or settling with something.

I would prefer in order for me to easily sublimate the results later on, that the answers are in the following format:

Favorites:
1. App 1 - why
2. App 2 - why
3. App 3 - why

Please keep it to 3 apps max, if I have to run through 20 apps per post, it kinda defeats the purpose of this post.

Thank you for all your suggestions.

Last edited:

Vlatko Stojanovski

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: Fitness App Suggestion - Windows Phone

I apologize, I did notice I had indeed posted in the wrong section, but could not find a way to move it myself :(

As for the Sensor Core I did not include my phone and OS.

I have a lumia 920 and Lumia 930, which is my daily driver. Not sure about the 920, but I think the 930 has the Sensor Core.

I tried Health and Fitness, but it kinda didn't fit :( though it was a while back. Maybe I should revisit it.

Lumia 920 : Win 10 TP
Lumia 930 : Win 8.1 Denim

Last edited:

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
1. Sports Tracker works for me. Has support for a heart rate monitor but I use my old Polar instead so don't know how well that bit of it works.

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I like Run the map, for walking as well as for bike. Includes an automatic pause feature so only the moving time is counted. And has good save feature to Onedrive, with universal files you can open in other map programs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos