WhatsApp : How to get chats from one Lumia, to another Lumia?

Kanishka

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I've seen this question a couple of times with no definitive answer.
Basically it is this.

I have a Lumia 635 with WhatsApp Chats
I went to Chat settings and hit backup

I have a new Lumia 640 with a brand new install of WhatsApp
- I want all the chats (not just the groups I was in), to show up on my Lumia 640 WhatsApp when I verify the device using the same number.

Can I do this?

When I hit backup on the Lumia, where does it backup to? Is there a file I can move between both using an SD Card?

Thanks

Ekmeet Singh

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
If ur using SD card on both phone then yes u can shift all ur chats form old phone to ur new by just copying the WhatsApp folder form ur old SD card to ur new SD card but the chats will not work if u put them in phone memory and to restore those chat u have to reinstall the WhatsApp and after verification it will ask u to restore from backup. That's it u r good to go.

Kanishka

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
so the whatsapp backups get saved to the sd card, but you cannot find them anywhere in the phones memory.

so I have whatsapp installed on my New phone, however when first installing it, I already decided to verify using my phone number.
In any case, there is an existing backup file with no chat data on the new phone, and I can't delete out any of the chat history

I have the existing whatsapp chats saved on my desktop and all the files, but now that there is a backup exisitng on my new phone, how can I delete that backup, and restore from the Calls,messages.db files on my SD Card?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05