Weather app that displays on lockscreen detailed status

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
As the title states, does anyone know of a weather app that displays the weather info on the lockscreen, in the detailed status? This would be the 3 lines under the clock. I know the default MS Weather app does this, but it updates very inconsistently, and often the forecast portion is a long string of text that runs off the edge of the lockscreen. I used to use an app called "Color Weather" for this, but I can't seem to find it again.

Thanks in advance.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
That will show up in the detailed status, or just on the lock screen? I'm wanting it to be on the glance screen as well.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
That will show up in the detailed status, or just on the lock screen? I'm wanting it to be on the glance screen as well.

jmerrey, "I Believe" if you get it to the lock screen, you can then select it as the "app to show detailed status" in:

Settings > Personalization > Lock Screen > Choose an app to show detailed status > TimeMe Calendar App?

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
There's an app called LockMix that you can customize your lock screen to show different aspects of information. If your device also supports Glance, the same lock screen will show up there.

Thankfully, the weather part of the app is free, but there are other features that aren't.

P.S. I also have mine set up to say "If found *phone number*" so if I lost my phone, hopefully a nice fellow can call my home phone to return it to me. :D

marysm

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
How do you get LockMix on your Glace screen??

I found LockMix and it seems to work, but I can't get it to show on the Glance screen. I have the Glance screen set to "show content from lock screen" but the Glance background just stays black. With (apparently) no double tap to wake, having the weather just on the lock screen adds an extra step to view (finding and pushing the power button).

Can anyone explain how to get LockMix on my Glance screen? My OS build is: 10.0.10586.494.

Spinn

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: How do you get LockMix on your Glace screen??

There's an app called LockMix that you can customize your lock screen to show different aspects of information. If your device also supports Glance, the same lock screen will show up there.

I found LockMix and it seems to work, but I can't get it to show on the Glance screen. I have the Glance screen set to "show content from lock screen" but the Glance background just stays black. With (apparently) no double tap to wake, having the weather just on the lock screen adds an extra step to view (finding and pushing the power button).

Can anyone explain how to get LockMix on my Glance screen? My OS build is: 10.0.10586.494.

I'm having this issue as well. I would love to know if it is possible for an app change the background on the glace screen.

Rastislav Maskal

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

we can't show information from Lockmix to GlanceScreen, because Microsoft not publish API to developer to modify GlanceScreen from their apps.

Sorry :(

CEO, XPIS, R.Maskal
Our best Apps: LockMix, Owl Reader

sev7en

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
Thank you, it looks great but installed on my 950XL it doesn't run. I have the latest Windows 10 Mobile stable release on-board.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm liking this app. I do have a request though. You recently changed the live tile to allow wind and humidity instead of later and later+, which is great. However, on the lock screen it has the current weather, a quote (leave worries and enjoy!) and the wind. Is there any way to get the lock screen to match the tile, similar to your screen shot? The quote is cute, but not for me ;)

Thanks!

Hi, you can try my app, Strawberry Weather! It shows the weather on detailed status.
Apart from the lock screen weather, it's a full fledged weather app and receiving good reviews. It's a UWP so everything syncs between devices!

https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9NBLGGH4NQ3T

View attachment 128169

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I'm liking this app. I do have a request though. You recently changed the live tile to allow wind and humidity instead of later and later+, which is great. However, on the lock screen it has the current weather, a quote (leave worries and enjoy!) and the wind. Is there any way to get the lock screen to match the tile, similar to your screen shot? The quote is cute, but not for me ;)

Thanks!

I just submitted an update! Had I seen your reply earlier, I would have added this too. No worries, tomorrow!
I'll replace the quote and the line below it with wind and humidity. Great that you liked Strawberry Weather! :)

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site

Thanks!

I've pushed an update with the said option. It should hit you in coming hours. Do check the settings.

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Strawberry Weather v1.4.12

* The live tile now shows city name instead of 'Weather' tag and is more beautiful now.

* New large tile for PCs and Tablets.

* Customizable live tiles - Choose whether to show current details like wind and humidity or next hour forecast along with current condition and temperature on live tiles.

* Customizable lock screen status - Just like live tiles, choose whether to display accompanying message to the current condition ex. "You need an umbrella" or just show wind and humidity on the lock screen.

* Smart notifications - Notifications are less annoying now, thanks to 'Smart Notifications'. With smart notifications turned on, you will get a notification if it's going to rain next. We won't show any notification unless precipitation increases or decreases or rain stops fully. So you won't get annoying notifications.

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Strawberry Weather v1.4.12

* The live tile now shows city name instead of 'Weather' tag and is more beautiful now.

* New large tile for PCs and Tablets.

* Customizable live tiles - Choose whether to show current details like wind and humidity or next hour forecast along with current condition and temperature on live tiles.

* Customizable lock screen status - Just like live tiles, choose whether to display accompanying message to the current condition ex. "You need an umbrella" or just show wind and humidity on the lock screen.

* Smart notifications - Notifications are less annoying now, thanks to 'Smart Notifications'. With smart notifications turned on, you will get a notification if it's going to rain next. We won't show any notification unless precipitation increases or decreases or rain stops fully. So you won't get annoying notifications.

Oops wrong thread.. but okay anyway!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb