Map app problems

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Since the most recent update of the MS Map app that comes with my phone (950 XL, running W10M) I'm experiencing a lot of issues. Long story short, it doesn't work offline anymore when searching for a business or address. It just comes up with terrible suggestions or nothing. It says I should connect to the internet in order to find results. This is not very helpful when I am in an area without data service. Is this a glitch or do I need to find a new map app? If so, can someone recommend a good map app?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Since the most recent update of the MS Map app that comes with my phone (950 XL, running W10M) I'm experiencing a lot of issues. Long story short, it doesn't work offline anymore when searching for a business or address. It just comes up with terrible suggestions or nothing. It says I should connect to the internet in order to find results. This is not very helpful when I am in an area without data service. Is this a glitch or do I need to find a new map app? If so, can someone recommend a good map app?

have you checked for updates for the map data itself? Settings > system > offline maps > update maps

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
have you checked for updates for the map data itself? Settings > system > offline maps > update maps

I just checked and my settings and had a bunch of updates, thank you for the suggestion.

Question: I have Map Updates set to automatic but it said that I had not checked for updates since January, is that normal?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I just checked and my settings and had a bunch of updates, thank you for the suggestion.

Question: I have Map Updates set to automatic but it said that I had not checked for updates since January, is that normal?

probably it was waiting for good wifi to download them or that it can't run in the background - manually check once a month - that's my recommendation

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99