Lumia 530 Office Word is full of bugs, with latest 8.1 system software. Need to update from store?

openweb

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I have this old phone (Lumia 530) which I just use to make calls. I thought I might add another functionality, taking notes. As it turns out, it's not so easy. The Office/Word stock app is full of bugs. I mean, I want to write a new word in a line, it puts the word into a different line. It cannot do its basic functions. I updated the system to its latest and greatest 8.1 state, to no avail. Does it mean I actually have to create a Microsoft account, and download the same Office/Word app from the store, hoping it makes things better? I'm asking you: will it fix my problems, have you encountered the same?

I also want to disable auto-capitalization of some words it recognizes, and words first in a sentence or a row, is it possible?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have this old phone (Lumia 530) which I just use to make calls. I thought I might add another functionality, taking notes. As it turns out, it's not so easy. The Office/Word stock app is full of bugs. I mean, I want to write a new word in a line, it puts the word into a different line. It cannot do its basic functions. I updated the system to its latest and greatest 8.1 state, to no avail. Does it mean I actually have to create a Microsoft account, and download the same Office/Word app from the store, hoping it makes things better? I'm asking you: will it fix my problems, have you encountered the same?

I also want to disable auto-capitalization of some words it recognizes, and words first in a sentence or a row, is it possible?

Have you tried using onenote instead of word for note taking?

As for the word app in office mobile, it's already installed so going to store won't do anything - unless there's an update pending
When I was using office mobile in 8.1, I had no issues -I could swype using the keyboard and keep up with lecturers dictating notes

openweb

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried using onenote instead of word for note taking?

As for the word app in office mobile, it's already installed so going to store won't do anything - unless there's an update pending
Ops. I noticed OneNote by swiping from right to center on the home screen in the full list of stock apps, it just doesn't show up on in Office (Office only shows Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).

Anyways, what I want to accomplish is, to edit basic .txt files and copy them offline via USB back and forth from my computer and Lumia 530 Windows Phone. It seems like the .txt files I add to the documents menu on the phone offline via USB only show up in Office, not in OneNote.

When I was using office mobile in 8.1, I had no issues -I could swype using the keyboard and keep up with lecturers dictating notes
OFF: That's a prescription for RSI to me, but maybe that's just me. :confused:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs