The 'Spring into TEGRA' Contest: Win a Tegra-powered Windows 8 RT Tablet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairclough

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Well I don't have a netbook (but I have an extra large netbook called a laptop ;)) and nor do I have a tablet. So here is a picture of my toshiba satellite t130 (damaged on all the corners / silvered coloured plastic half peeled off and spotty lcd due to a drop and something hitting the screen) Now i know your thinking where am I in the photo, well my hairy legs are there and two photo id's my driving learners card and my student id and uni. Both photos were taken on the same day- well hour, hence why they are similar.

Now why would i need a Tablet? First of all I don't have one and with a basic keyboard it will be easy as to take notes with an university rather then my damaged, battery zapping laptop which you can see in the screen. It would also be lighter and easier to transfer around uni and to uni as i cycle, if i buy a small protective case to go in my backpack it will be perfect! Second of all I would love to test windows 8, running windows 7 on my laptop and on my old old Samsumg Omnia i think it was windows 5? Third but not least is... I hate apple. I don't want an Ipad and my misses was saying if I don't get a tablet soon an ipad tablet may head my way for my next birthday ./ christmas and i really really dislike apple. SO it will be doing her a favour too and saving her money (which is probably my money)

Attachments

• IMAG0084.jpg
    IMAG0084.jpg
    895.1 KB · Views: 1

Sushmeet

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My toshiba at200 is the worst tablet ever. feel like i just wasted all my savings on nothing. in jus less than a year its completly worn out . all the color on the back is faded away and it looks completly horrible. this tab has way to many bug. its soo laggy and even the simplest apps crash. i cant even get any work done with it. the stupid touch doesnt even work from time to time and toshiba wont even help me. this tablet is a joke i feel like i hav just given toshiba all the money i saved for nothing at all. havnt even gotten any software updates -_- . its gonna take years to save enough money to buy another tab again.
I would love to get a windows rt tab and would have been very useful since im starting collage soon :)
NWP_130222_0003.jpg

jlinker

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
2013-02-21 22.17.03.jpg

I need a new Tablet because i hear the new ones use some thing called electricity or comething. Might be time to upgrade from my manual powered one....

Ted Ritsick

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
This about says it all. Windows guy through and through. I got rid of my iPhone for for a 900, upgraded to the 920 the week it came out and I even convinced two iPhone owners to go Lumia 920. A surface would be awesome so I don't have to be "that guy" with the bulky laptop. I feel like Luke Skywalker carrying Yoda when I've got the laptop and all my books in my dark green backpack and yes, I went to Lowe's for the sole purpose of taking this picture of my laptop with a cinderblock.

Last edited by a moderator:

N_Style

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok...I'm kind of screw right now. My laptop died on me this week do to a faulty GPU card. Even though the company admitted using a faulty GPU card, I cant get service on the computer, because I'm out of warranty. To make matters worst, I just installed Windows 8 Pro on it.....This sucks. Please help WPC and NVIDIA....PLEASE!!! The wife wont let me buy a new PC!
Laptop.jpg

rkeenan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Here is me and my tablet....the Kindle with special offers. I would love to have a Windows tablet for college. It would be help me so much with finishing my Finance Degree. I cannot afford a tablet at the time.

Attachments

• Snapshot_20130221_1.JPG
    Snapshot_20130221_1.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 210

Zagna

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
My trusty Thinkpad 360C with Windows 95 just doesn't really cope with the computational requirements of today :unhappy:

Attachments

• thinkpad360c.jpg
    thinkpad360c.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 194

GrizzlyStrong

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
WP_20130222_001.jpg

So I don't even own a netbook or tablet, The reason I don't own a netbook is because I have a laptop. The reason I don't own a tablet, the ones I want like The Windows RT or PRO tablets are too expensive.

The reason I would love the to have one of these tablets is not really for me, its more for my 2 boys. I think having a tablet will help with their speech therapies, and also I can play around with developing apps that can be useful for them.

Last edited:

jamalalf

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPad, and it is not too bad. However, I am a windows fan and I would love to get my hands on a windows surface, but, unfortunately, they are not being sold here in the UAE.
Capture.jpg

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I absolutely NEED a new Surface or ASUS Vivo Tablet, because I will be attending college this year and will need a way to access the internet to complete assignments, etc...other than using my phone. Attached picture of my Droid Bionic, since I don't have a tablet or netbook, hopefully this won't disqualify my entry (= Thank you for the contest!!! Good luck everyone! Crossoldier 2/21/13

You really need to be hooked up with a WP8!!

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for the lack of picture, I have neither a notebook nor a tablet. I am a college student who earns money by writing for websites like Listverse. I used my pay to buy myself a Lumia 620 sim free because I really needed something with word on it. I need a laptop or windows tablet because that would make my life much easier and make writing more convenient.

Last edited:

pvtpyle75

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Sadface.jpg

I could really use an upgrade. I work doing construction inspections and have to fill out daily field reports and my old laptop just doesn't seem to cut it anymore. Windows 95, 500mb hard drive and 8 mb of ram. I can barely get a couple of my PDF plans and daily reports on this thing. It does boot fast though. It would be really handy to have something that I could use to carry job plans around on and reference while doing inspections. I have been trying to use the old HP Touchpad, but without having a proper office suite it makes it hard to get all my documentation done. Private Pyle is sad and needs some help.

klcow

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
WP_20130222_001.jpgthe only tablet I've got is the original Galaxy Tab which has pretty much been used past its lifetime now. Having a Surface RT will definitely help in university :D With inbuilt Microsoft Office, its definitely a good deal. Good luck everybody :D

Baschdl578

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
As you can clearly see, my old Transformer is kinda broken :unhappy: and as a poor student I can't afford a new one...
This is my only chance at getting something I can take to university with me, so please have some mercy

IMG_4550.jpg
Also, if you don't let me win, my totally awesome Darth Vader will force choke you to death xD

SecretlyX

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Netbook.jpg

This is my 3.5 year-old netbook running Windows XP. About 2.5 years ago it was stepped on and ever since then the screen randomly blanks out or starts jumping every 3 or so minutes (that's what is happening in the picture). I have to either hit gently or move it for the image to come back. Sometimes I have to be adjusting it for minutes before it starts working again. Also the webcam stopped working and sometimes a BSOD will happen due to moving the screen. I have tried fixing it by pulling it apart and adjusting the cables but that was only a temporary fix. I'm a full-time student in college and whenever I'm traveling it is almost impossible for me to get work done on this netbook because of the issues listed above. With a new RT tablet I could get most of my work done even when I'm on the road and maybe enjoy a little entertainment on the side. I could also take it to school in case I need to do work there and the computer labs are filled.

unwiredmedic

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I need a new Windows RT tablet from WPCentral because this old VAIO netbook is so slow, I'll be able to grow a full beard before I get logged into Windows XP (this is 3 days growth already.). Please save me from obsolescence ****!

vaio.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs